spool turbo - stage differences

what exactly are the differences between stage 1 and stage 2 of the spool turbo kits for the P5? can they both be upgraded to stage 3 later with the intercooler and all those goodies? also, is there one currently being made for an automatic P5, or are they strictly for manuals, or does the transmission type even make a difference?
thank you!

I'll help with what i can. The tranny doesn't make a difference. Don't quote me on it but i am pretty sure. Stage 1 and 2 can both be upgraded to stage 3 thats one of the cool parts about Spoolin's stages that they are all inline with one another and u don't have to change parts but merely add them.
I'm sure Terry (Spoolin) will jump right on this and get with u and explain what ever u need to know. Or sumone else might be able to tell u the specifications/ differences between the stages.
Hope that helps,
Zane

Yeah pretty much what Yello-MP3 said. The only difference between the stage 1 and 2 are the manifold designs. All other parts are equal. And stage 3 intercooler upgrade can easily be added to either stage 1 or stage2. And stage 4 that will be comming soon can be upgraded to any of the kits as well......so you can buy a stage 1 and add the stage 3 intercooler upgrade whenever you wish. This allows for higher boost levels and comes with the intercooler piping ect and 6-7 psi spring and richer fuel pill controller for the FMU.

Hey

Terry,
Is the stage 4 with the Microtech? I am just guessing but that makes sense!! Can u fill me in on what exactly the Microtech does and how it does what it does?... lol
Thanks,
Zane

fill me in on what exactly the Microtech does and how it does what it does?...

The microtech is a replacement computer that is fully programmable. There are a number of advantages to be gained from this setup. First you are not limited by the stock ecu. Second it is fully programmable so it is custom tailored to a turbo car unlike the band-aide approach of FMU's ect. You can fine tune these parameters (fuel and timing maps) with great ease.
These features raise the boost threshold of the motor safley and allow for much higher output then by getting stuck with the limitations of the oem ecu.

is the stage 2 an add on to stage 1 or is stage 2 just the enhanced version of stage 1. Or in other words can i buy your stage 2 kit and have everything i need? Or do i need to buy the stage 1 first.

http://www.spool-turbo.com

the stage 2 is the same kit as the stage one...however it contains a better turbo header...you can buy either stage one or stage 2 and do not need to buy both...as they both contain the same parts...besides the different turbo header...

Back