hiboost coolant temp sensor

defchino

:
02 P5-T
hello again...

First of many install questions from this hiboost newb:

Does anyone have a pic of the new style coolant temp sensor location. I have the old instructions with no pics and can't figure out where it goes.

Thanks

The coolant sensor housing goes in the upper radiator hose. Cut the hose about 3 inches from the outlet neck (head side), and place the housing between the 2 hose ends.

Juan

defchino said:
hello again...

First of many install questions from this hiboost newb:

Does anyone have a pic of the new style coolant temp sensor location. I have the old instructions with no pics and can't figure out where it goes.

Thanks

hey, HiBoost can I get a picture of the sensor, and do you sell the sensor housing alone, I got a water temp gauge but I don't know where to put the sensor.

Here you go...

This is from my install.. Keep in mind I have a different turbo setup:

normal_patricks%20haltech%20install%20033.jpg

where did you get the sensor housing? that's exactly what I am looking for.

No problem. I forgot, if you need the new instructions, just PM me your e-mail address. I have it in (mswerd) format with pictures.

Last edited:
Linux, can you post a pic of the air temp sensor as well? I'm just curious, I still have to order the two sensors and I want to see one.

hellcat said:
Linux, can you post a pic of the air temp sensor as well? I'm just curious, I still have to order the two sensors and I want to see one.

Here ya go..

Attachments

• Air_Correction_Temp_Sensor.jpg
    Air_Correction_Temp_Sensor.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 118
Thanks man, that thing is tiny. You've been a big help by the way. I appreciate it. If you don't remember me I'm the one with the girlfriend that was screaming at Hiperf at the Austin meet. lol

Trust me, I will never forget that...lol

Juan,

You may want to look at making the wires to the coolant sensor at least 3 inches longer. We had to lengthen them on install.

Linux, Maybe you went a different route in the wiring. That was designed using a car a meassured. I have installed some cars with the same length and that is long enough.

Yes. It is a good idea to use a new hose as it tends to harden with use.

Juan

Back