Request: pics of modified 3.5 MSP oval tip muffler

yelomp5

:
07 Mazdaspeed 6
hey i thought i see it in here b4, and tried the searching, and couldn't find it...

but i'm about to purchase a 3.5 axle back from a 3.5 Msp owner, but i know i gotta cut short the tip about 6" and re-weld in order to look good on my P5, but i was wonderin' if you can provide me some close up pics of the muffler,on your car. and if possible can u post a pic on the cut/weld area of the tip, cuz i really wanna know how it has to be done exactly. do you j/ put the cut edges together and then weld them together? or do you use a ring? after welding did u need to paint the welded part incase it starts rusting? lookin' fwd to see ur reply!

Rony

here is mine....

wish it was an inch shorter....

back.jpg

26.jpg

24.jpg

sounds great, especially with the SRI.

yelomp5 said:
do you j/ put the cut edges together and then weld them together? or do you use a ring? after welding did u need to paint the welded part incase it starts rusting? lookin' fwd to see ur reply!

Rony

I had a shop wend it for me. No Paint involved and the weld will hold up on the SS for ever.......

I had my old MS aftermarket welded and when i removed it from my car after 50K it still looked perfect......

Iceman112k3 said:
why not just get the mazdaspeed axle back specific to the P5 and save all the labour?

The MS aftermarket exhaust is much louder and you can pick up factory MSP's exhaust pretty cheap off members.

Pay between $20-40 to have a shop cut and re-weld it.

Protege52003 said:
The MS aftermarket exhaust is much louder and you can pick up factory MSP's exhaust pretty cheap off members.

Pay between $20-40 to have a shop cut and re-weld it.

So, do you j/ put the 2 edges together after cutting,
and weld on top of the 2 edges?
like i mean havin' the 2 edges touching, and the weld on top?

f44eca98.jpg

f44eca9d.jpg

f44eca9e.jpg

here you go.....

wish it was about in inch shorter. if you look strait down over the bumper,
you can just see a little of the tip.

Protege52003 said:
f44eca98.jpg

f44eca9d.jpg

f44eca9e.jpg

here you go.....

wish it was about in inch shorter. if you look strait down over the bumper,
you can just see a little of the tip.

Thx, that's wat i needed!

Careful though...those are the exhaust tips that are prone to cracking...mine already did. The Mazdaspeed muffler they gave me for replacement is way better (louder too)...and does come in two sizes, as they accidently gave me the P5 one first (waaaay to short). The MSP one looks identical, just longer. I'm sure as they are the same design that they sound the same as well.

Back