remove rear bumper guard?

bigj884

:
Mazda Protege 5
hey...just to let you know...i tried searching for this but no lucky so i figured i would post here about it.....

i was basiclly wondering what would be the best way to go about removing the rear bumper guard that comes on the P5's????

i have one on my black p5...its starting to come off on the sides...not alot but i can pull on it.......so i figured why not just take it off...

so any help would be appreciated

thanks

3m Adhesive remover. Pretty much the same as removing the side moldings. If you do it carefully enough, you could just put some nice new double sided tape on it and reinstall it.

there shouldn't be any holes, it was actually an option for the P5, you can buy it on mazdastuff.com... mine didn't come with one

It's worth noting that the adhesive isn't really very sticky, so you can remove it without any special chemicals as long as it's heated up in direct sunlight. Mine was a walk in the park compared to the door molding removal! Be careful of all the debris trapped inside it, though. You'll scratch your paint badly if you don't clean it carefully.

so all i have to do is pop it off....than wipe some adhesive remover over the tape.....and the sticky tape should come off????

and this is the same for the moldings.....just pull those off and rub adhesive remover on the tape and WAME its off....

so what do u recommmend for adhesive remover????

Sweet, I just removed mine and it looks a ton cleaner. Thanks for the help/info. Who needs a step on their bumper anyway?

Back