Water in trunk.

:
2003.5 Laser Blue MSP
Well I picked up my MSP on Monday and today I pop the trunk to get the lift out, ( so I can check out my Apex downpipe, cause it sound like I have an exhaust leak) and to my suprise I find water in the three holes, both under the spare and the sides. The guy that sold me the MSP washed it like a day before I got it.

So I get a spunge and get all the water out. So I let the tunk dry up, then about 20 min later I close all the doors and trunk, and spray water on the trunk area for about 4 min. Again to my suprise I saw the water comming in from the driver side and into the trunk. And the nicest thing of all was when I found both the driver, and the carpet behind the driver wet. I guess water came in from the trunk and into the car, under the carpet. So I'm going to take it to the dealership and have them take a look at it and tell me wats up. It's kind of ****** up cause I only had the car for two days, and the guy that sold it to me says he knows nothing about the water in the trunk, and my apex downpipe hiting something when i start the car and go over bumps.

Sorry for the long Thread
I just want to know if this ever happened to anyone here.

I would say it's your trunk weatherstripping. Try taking a pitcher of water with some red food color, and dumping it over all the trun edges. Let it set for a couple of minutes, then open the trunk and look all around the bottom edge for the red color. Oh, you can try the same around the rear window. The leak could be coming from there. That would better explain how it's getting into the passenger compartment.

I have water comming in from my trunk but on the passenger side. this weekend I'll be going to the dealer so they can fix it. Water has probably getting into my trunk since I got my car in 2001. Ohh well, hopefully there is no rusting going on in there.

I called Mazda and they are going to look at it on Monday, hopefully something minor.

why don't you fold the seats down, close the trunk, get a flashlight, have someone spray water on the trunk while you watch from the inside?

I found a lot of water in mine too a long time ago, found there was a plug under the tire that let it all drain out. Mine was a puddle after 3 years, though. (The wife had it then)

the downpipe is probably hitting a heat shield. you might wanna look into getting some kartboy exhaust hanger bushings. or you can trying bending the hangers or using hose clamps to keep it from sliding from side to side.

Back