Will replacing my stock spark plugs with new ones increase my performance?

snooky

:
Mazdaspeed6 GT
Will replacing my stock spark plugs with new ones increase my performance?
and if so in what way, and what brand would be best? is it an easy install or hard? and im just talking about the plugs themselves, no added MSD. thanks guys!

Ciao Snooky~

mountjonas said:
they might not increase performance as so much as restore performance.

is there a perticular, brand, size.... i should get?

i was told that it will increase speed on take off?

i'd just get the corresponding ngk's for our car. go to a local parts store and they can look it up for you. i wouldn't get the iridiums as they seem to be a waste of money.

mountjonas said:
i'd just get the corresponding ngk's for our car. go to a local parts store and they can look it up for you. i wouldn't get the iridiums as they seem to be a waste of money.

is there a specific size i should get? and some one told me that noligy spark plugs are very good.

Just get stock NGK's. Anything else is a waste of money.

snooky said:
is there a specific size i should get? and some one told me that noligy spark plugs are very good.

Spark plugs won't make a noticeable difference =\

it may make a difference on a turbo car because of how rich our engines run, but on a car like yours, it's not worth spending the money. You might get 0.2hp out of it lol

EDIT: it's a really easy install, if you don't mind spending the time. it actually doesnt take that long ... anyway, you unplug and remove the coils from the top of the engine (remember which one goes on the left and right and where the connectors are, or your engine will fire the wrong cylinder at the wrong time hehe), use a long ratchet to unscrew the sparkplugs from the car, drop in the new ones and tighten em up. not too tight though, you dont wana break it while its inside the engine

Last edited:
How many miles do you have on your stock plugs? Change them when maintnence is required. I think you change them about ever 30k miles.

RenzoMSP said:
How many miles do you have on your stock plugs? Change them when maintnence is required. I think you change them about ever 30k miles.

i have about 15000km on now

I was thinking of changing my plugs... know which ones are good for the MSP?

Metal MP5 said:
Spark plugs won't make a noticeable difference =\

it may make a difference on a turbo car because of how rich our engines run, but on a car like yours, it's not worth spending the money. You might get 0.2hp out of it lol

EDIT: it's a really easy install, if you don't mind spending the time. it actually doesnt take that long ... anyway, you unplug and remove the coils from the top of the engine (remember which one goes on the left and right and where the connectors are, or your engine will fire the wrong cylinder at the wrong time hehe), use a long ratchet to unscrew the sparkplugs from the car, drop in the new ones and tighten em up. not too tight though, you dont wana break it while its inside the engine

for the msp, there is a thread on part number for coolder or hotter ngk plugs

Back