Transmission fluid

TeeTeeSpeed

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Blue
hey guys just a quick question...i just bought some royal purple transmission fluid but i dont have a clue as to how to change the fluid! can someone help me please! is it like changing the oil? i know i could pay a shop to do it for me but i like working on my car myself.

You got two 23mm? bolts on the tranny....one on the bottom and one on the side facing you stock Intercooler. To drain the fluid remove the bolt on the bottom and let it drain completely. Remount the bolt on the bottom. Undo the bolt on the side and use a funnel or a fluid pump sold at any auto parts store to fill the tranny up.

Have fun!

Yes it's like changing oil. You have a draining plug on the transmission and a filler plug. Drain then fill till it's even with filler plug hole.

ok thanks guys! i hope this will fix my 3rd gear. it grinds whenever i shift it into 3rd...is this because of low tranny fluid?

There are crush washers that you are supposed to replace too. I had the prt numbers around someplace, but I can't find them. The dealer should be able to help you. Make sure you do this on a level surface since the amount that goes in the tranny depends on the angle of the car...

The FSM says to, but you can probably skip it. I figured that if I was going to do it, then do it correctly...

I changed my tranny fluid at 31k to RP and noticed it was nice and smooth. Make sure you get a pump to fill up the tranny cause I's a pain in the ass if you try to fill it with theoil bottles. One of those handheld pumps from like walmart or pepboys or something will do. Also, I didn't replace the washer and have been driving for 15k miles and nothing has happeened. it's straight forward.

Back