handheld OBD II scanner question

SHAGwagn

:
'07 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
Can someone tell me where to locate the diagnostic port on the car. And also im interested in picking up a diagnostic scanner, can someone recommend a good model and place to purchase it. thanks...think economical..lol

do a serch for PC based,if you have a laptop.I use scanners everyday,some lap top,some OE,and after market,mt2500,solis,motis,genisis.
and I have to say the laptop versions are a lot petter for the price,since they are completely upgradable.you can add 4 gas,5 gas,lab scopes,freeze frame,data loging,troubleshooter,and absolutly anything a motis can do,but for a hell of a lot less.the motis is allmost $8000,not very practical price for home use

pdhaudio83 said:
under the driver side, its above the dead pedal, attached to the bottom of the foot area.
I though i saw another port under the hood somewhere. Are there two ODBII ports?

i checked the autozone one...149.99

will the scanner give me codes even though i havnt got a check engine light? Ive been having problems (idle woes thread) and want to know if i can figure it out on my own...thanks

SHAGwagn said:
i checked the autozone one...149.99

There is a cheaper one for half the money, maybe you should try another autozone.
They work the same, so you dont really need to spend that much money on one.

Demonic-Speed said:
jurgs, does that one allow you to rest the code? from 150 for autozone also comes with adapter for ODBI fyi:)

That's right!!
for $79 you will only get OBDI II

Here's another option:

Scan-Gauge. It not only reads/resets check-engine-light codes, but it also provides real-time display of various engine sensors and even calculates MPG. I have used this in my 97 Nissan and my 04 TSX with very good results. I'm now testing it on my Mazdaspeed6.

Back