Car idle drops and sometimes dies when ac compressor kicks on.

QUIGLEY

I just bought the car Sat it is a 98 with 93k. The car will drop to 200 rpm when the ac comp kicks on. Last night I thought maybe it is low on freon so I put 2 cans in and the car got worse. The comp makes a noise like it is struggling and the car will almost stall and then recover sometimes and will stall other times. I talked to a ac shop on the phone and he said maybe the car has too much freon in it. He said it may also be the TPS (throttle position sensor) or the IAC (idle air control). Does the car even have a IAC? (scratch)

Thanks for the help in advance.

QUIGLEY said:
I just bought the car Sat it is a 98 with 93k. The car will drop to 200 rpm when the ac comp kicks on. Last night I thought maybe it is low on freon so I put 2 cans in and the car got worse. The comp makes a noise like it is struggling and the car will almost stall and then recover sometimes and will stall other times. I talked to a ac shop on the phone and he said maybe the car has too much freon in it. He said it may also be the TPS (throttle position sensor) or the IAC (idle air control). Does the car even have a IAC? (scratch)

Thanks for the help in advance.

It was to much freon. I let some out and all is good know!

Back