Odd wheel question.. Please give input.

JDuncan

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege #1552
I have a friend that is looking at getting rid of the stock BBS wheels on his 2005 Impreza WRX STi. I am curious if they would fit the MSP. Specs on the STi wheels are a 5x114.3 with a 53mm offset, but with a 17x8" rim. If I went with this fitment, I would probably stick with the STi tire size of 225/45-17.

What do you guys think? Will this work?

I believe I saw somebody post in the pic/vid section of these wheels mounted on there Protege5. Hopefully somebody can find the thread to help you out.

you'll probably be ok as long as they don't rub on the struts. give it a shot and let us know how it goes!

I searched, but I did use MSP in the query so maybe that is why I missed it. Heading to pics now.

Looks nice, but I don't know if I will persue it if it requires spacers and extended lugs. I have 225/45-17 Kumho V700 Victoracers on stock MP3 wheels for autox and they only rub a bit and that is at the fenders, not the struts. I was hoping that this would move the tire enough inbound that it would no longer rub the fenders, but it sounds like it goes to far in if it needs spacers...

Boo.

I think titanium and gold would have been a nice color combo....

Back