Goodyear Eagle F1?

they aren't bad. they tracked pretty well and didn't get greasy even after half an hour of hard running.

I'm running these now for summer. Had them on for one season and they are great so far. I don't auto-x or drag but they are great on the street. Excellent in the wet weather as well. No complaints.

Very cool. Thanks guys. These will see the street and a couple of Auto-X sessions. Maybe one or 2 days at the road course.

A friend & former member, ran them last year on his MSP. I think he had about 6 auto-x's on them, and only ended up getting about 12K miles out of them.

mspdfreak said:
Well, the treadwear rating is like twice what the stockers are. These will be my next set.

dude, the treadwear rating is 280 on the goodyears. the stockers had a 340 treadwear i believe.

tonkabui said:
dude, the treadwear rating is 280 on the goodyears. the stockers had a 340 treadwear i believe.

No he's talking about the Mazdaspeed version --- the treadwear on those stock bridgestone RE040 is only 140! So yeah, the goodyears have twice the rating.

Edit - you beat me to it mspfreak.

Gbourdon said:
I started looking at these becasue they are about as much as I want to spend per tire. Is anybody running these now? They seem to rate better than the stock Bridgestones.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+F1+GS-D3&partnum=145YR7F1GSD3XL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes

For the past few years (like 10) Goodyear has seen a horrible decrease in quality of the tires they put out. But to make a long story short, they rehired their old CEO and things are going much better now. I've been doing research on these tires for a few months now and most shops (including a Bridgestone/Firestone dealer) have said that the GS-D3 will easily perform just as good in the dry as the Bridgestone S-03 Pole Position tire and in the wet will give it a thorough spanking. They get my vote!

Gizmo360 said:
They get my vote!
And mine. Bought a set of 205/17/40s last summer. Precise turn-in, excellent tracking w/o tramlining, terrific in the corners and excellent wet runners. Firm ride to be expect and will probably be more so with my Espiler/HP install. Jury's still out on wear, but I don't expect anyhwere near 25K.

Time to get off the OEM Dunlop 16s ad get ready for summer.

Would buy another set, but might change sizes.

i am running them on my car right now at around 10k miles. i'm happy with them. first thing i noticed when i had them was the road noise. a lot quieter than my stock tires. the grip is pretty nice too. however, i have the feeling that the sidewalls are a bit on the softer side.

^No actually I like the stock Bridgstones a lot. They really perform well....only problem is they're expensive and the treadwear is crazy low.

Latest posts

Back