Jack points

Kooldino

MOTM Winner Jan '09
Authorized Vendor
Contributor
:
MP3
So i went to jack up my car this weekend, and I was nervous about where to jack up my car...since I have underbody neons on it, I can't jack the traditional places.

So all around on every side, I jacked on these things that look like an oversized eye on a needle. Problem is, there wasn't one of these on the rear passenger.

Anyway, what I want to know is, where are all the safe points to jack up a protege? I heard you can jack under the car towards the middle (on the bulge), but it pushed up the rear floor a tad under pressure.

Can someone plz post some pics? And also, can I jack those spots with my scissor jack?

if i were you i would take the neons off and take them directly to the closest dump. this would solve a number of problems for you. you would no longer be degrading a nice car known as the MP3. people might stop pointing and laughing (also get rid of the clear tail lights). You might not be qualified as a ricer anymore and you could jack up your car!!!!!

Don't listen to the critics. Man people are right. You can't ask a question without getting ridiculed or slammed or something to that affect. It's horrible, simply horrible. But no sorry, I can't help you out with your problem.

Kooldino,

I would not use the factory scissor jack on any part of the undercarriage that it is not meant for. You should invest in a nice quality rolling floor jack. Then you will be able to jack the car from the frame rails or the subframe. IMHO, the scissor jack is only good for a roadside emergency. Even then it is almost useless. Once you have a nice rolling jack and a set of jackstands you will see what I mean. There's no reason you should have to take the neon tubes off though.

well... depends where his neons are... kool... are your lights seriously that far out towards the edge??? because.. the place your supposed to jack is really not far under... the little "lip" that sticks out right towards the under-outer edge of the car is the spot for the jack... I would think that you would have put your neons farther away from the outside edge for a couple reasons... 1... to jack 2... to hide them better so they arent visible.... and just for practicality and style's sake...

and be careful with a rolling jack like mazdadan recommended, because.. well think about it... if you cant jack because the neons are in the way... then how is a rolling jack not going to crush the neons??? thats just whats gonna happen... if the neons are protruding, the rolling jack WILL crush one of them as you try to jack it up... my suggestion would be to move the neons... so they are recessed back up underneath and behind the lip... they will still project the light onto the ground perfectly, and it will look cleaner because the bulb will be recessed and not visible... plus... then you can jack up your car without sending the support piece up through your rear floor ;)

jsradema said:
if i were you i would take the neons off and take them directly to the closest dump. this would solve a number of problems for you. you would no longer be degrading a nice car known as the MP3. people might stop pointing and laughing (also get rid of the clear tail lights). You might not be qualified as a ricer anymore and you could jack up your car!!!!!

Wow. Congratulations, you're an idiot. BTW, you just offended a moderator.

Also, if you took 10 seconds to read my sig before you shot your mouth off, you'd see that I never ride around with my neons on (they are only on during shows). Their total "on" time has probably been under an hour, ever.

Furthermore, I don't have clear tail lights, etc etc.

And no, I'm not a ricer. Trust me.

mazdadan said:
Kooldino,

I would not use the factory scissor jack on any part of the undercarriage that it is not meant for. You should invest in a nice quality rolling floor jack. Then you will be able to jack the car from the frame rails or the subframe. IMHO, the scissor jack is only good for a roadside emergency. Even then it is almost useless. Once you have a nice rolling jack and a set of jackstands you will see what I mean. There's no reason you should have to take the neon tubes off though.

i DO have a decent 4000lb floor jack, but I don't wanna keep it in the car at all times.

Protege01MP3 said:
well... depends where his neons are... kool... are your lights seriously that far out towards the edge??? because.. the place your supposed to jack is really not far under... the little "lip" that sticks out right towards the under-outer edge of the car is the spot for the jack... I would think that you would have put your neons farther away from the outside edge for a couple reasons... 1... to jack 2... to hide them better so they arent visible.... and just for practicality and style's sake...
You can't see my neon tubing unless you're under the car. The neon is on the "inside" of that lip. the problem is that the scissor jack would crush the bulbs.

and be careful with a rolling jack like mazdadan recommended, because.. well think about it... if you cant jack because the neons are in the way... then how is a rolling jack not going to crush the neons??? thats just whats gonna happen... if the neons are protruding, the rolling jack WILL crush one of them as you try to jack it up... my suggestion would be to move the neons... so they are recessed back up underneath and behind the lip... they will still project the light onto the ground perfectly, and it will look cleaner because the bulb will be recessed and not visible... plus... then you can jack up your car without sending the support piece up through your rear floor ;)

They are already in the position you described. But like I said, they "hug" the inside of that lip. And If I moved them in anymore, they wouldn't lay flush with the car. Aside from the outside of the lip (which would look like crap), the inside of the lip is the only place they'd fit.

kooldino,
i hope that you didnt pay over $25 for those neons. i got some glow sticks and duct tape from big lots and they accomplish the same thing. and guess what i am able to jack up my car!!! you should probably save your money for something that makes the car go faster... like a turbo. oh no, now i done it. i probably shouldn't have "offended a moderator" but who cares.

jsradema said:
kooldino,
i hope that you didnt pay over $25 for those neons. i got some glow sticks and duct tape from big lots and they accomplish the same thing. and guess what i am able to jack up my car!!! you should probably save your money for something that makes the car go faster... like a turbo. oh no, now i done it. i probably shouldn't have "offended a moderator" but who cares.

I hate to lower myself but here it goes.

What is the point in being an ass like that. If he wants to have neons then he can. It's stuff like that that wins car shows. If he wanted to spend the money to go faster he could have. All he wanted was an answer to a question, not your smartass remarks. Honestly what is the point? Everyone has diffrent tastes, you can't make everyone think like you so why waste the bandwith? How would you like it if next time you asked us a question we just started flaming you and being an ass like you were being? We come here for friendly conversion and sharing of knowlage between enthusiasts, not to be criticised for our choices of what we do to our cars.

Last edited:
kooldino,

WOW!!! YOUR AWESOME MAN!!! I wish I could be more like you!!

you seem like such a wonderful intelligent guy who has great taste and realizes that the world doesn't revolve around what you want!! Its great that you realize that different people have different tastes and your not a huge ******* vagina about it...

and seeing as how your so bright, perhaps I should mention that the above was sarcasm...

and wtf mods have you done to your car that are so awesome and amazing that you didn't even bother to list in a signature file??

wheres your mods at jsradema??
yeah buddy. and what if someone didnt want to 'go faster" but wanted their car to look better. and why is it any of your buisness what other people like. if you can't answer the question, then quite being a dick and say nothing

or even a witty degrading comment... as long as its funny and not just stupid bulls*** spouting from one of the many dirty dirty orifices on your head/body

hehehe this is some damn good reading, all of this cause the poor guy asked where to put the jack. mabey you have already done this and im not trying to be an ass but the manual my help also you could probably find out from a good dealership/shop. hope that helps if not keep up the hillarious conversation

chill folks! alright...Dino, the "ball" thing in front of the car(under engine, near oil pan) is perfect for jacking both front wheels, in the rear however...its a tad harder, i think its on the left side...i could be wrong, but you could use where the swing arms tie in, there is a hard ass frame peice there, good luck.

*BTW... this isnt a thread about rice, nor neons...so chill,EVERYONE.*

dafababa said:
hehehe this is some damn good reading, all of this cause the poor guy asked where to put the jack. mabey you have already done this and im not trying to be an ass but the manual my help also you could probably find out from a good dealership/shop. hope that helps if not keep up the hillarious conversation

the only thing about that is.. i THINK that the manual only gives you the four spots (next to the wheels) that kooldizzle mah nizzle was talkin about not being able to use.... so that wouldn't be much help.. he could call and ask the dealer :) but then that would take away the fun of some jackass replying to his post in a sassy manner and getting reamed by koolio's minions ;)

wow, you guys are intense. sounds like you have an exhaust pipe(that ones for all you car enthusiast) stuck up your A$$. i forgot, this is stricktly business here. if you want to joke around and have a good time this is not the place to do it.

you guys are great! this is the fastest reply that i have ever gotten. i guess that you need a little turmoil to get you going.

If your joking just let everyone know with a smiley :D or something. It's really hard to tell intent from someone's typing.

Back