MS3 Wheel Fitment Pics & Specs

hi guys - first post

i'll be getting into a '10 MS3 monday and already started thinking about suspension and rims. I'll probably go with coilovers with some wide rims with a low offset

What's a "safe" aggressive fitament? By safe meaning, I don't mind running some camber (not more than -3), cutting some fender liners, and some rolling.

I'm thinking of doing 9"-9.5" with a 30ish offset

Why ruin a perfectly good suspension stock. Why not drive it first and see if you need a better suspension. The stock limits are quite high for the MS3. If you are lowering and putting overly fat tires on for looks only, then your lost and have been swallowed up by the wider is better ignorance.

Why ruin a perfectly good suspension stock. Why not drive it first and see if you need a better suspension. The stock limits are quite high for the MS3. If you are lowering and putting overly fat tires on for looks only, then your lost and have been swallowed up by the wider is better ignorance.

mostly doing it for looks. i know that it's not going to perform better.

different strokes bro

well this is going NOTHING like i wanted to.. wish i could get mod status for this one thread and keep it cleaned up and set to pictures and details only...

CIMG4581.JPG

CIMG4585.JPG

CIMG4583.JPG

2) Rota Grid
3) 18x8.5 +44
4) Falken Zeix 912
5) 235 40 18
6) BC coilovers set to what they came out of the box
7) Stock camber settings
8) Stock as of now but will roll when i get a hold of a fender roller
9) has rub a VERY few times. only going over BIG bumps WITH passengers in the rear and luggage
10) once i roll the rear fenders i will lower it a little bit more in the rear
11) although this is a slightly aggressive for the speed, it sits flush and doesn't stick out at all

Can I fit 16" wheels on my ms3 without any issues, I saw a picture of onew the VW vortex that had them and it looked mean. Is there a certain offset or brand of wheel ? i read that some 16's will fit and not others.

would an offset of 48 be ok with no spacing?

+48 should be no problem within reason, I have 18x7.5 rims and they fit fine, no rubbing or anything. Stock tires.

Can I fit 16" wheels on my ms3 without any issues, I saw a picture of onew the VW vortex that had them and it looked mean. Is there a certain offset or brand of wheel ? i read that some 16's will fit and not others.

You answered your own question there. Some fit and some don't. Mostly its the steel wheels that have the problems. I had a set of steel wheels that were 2 piece (hub and then outer wheel) so they had a bead of weld that was actually problem and rubbed a tiny bit on caliper. I bought alloy 16s Sport Edition (the cheapo's from tirerack) and they fit fine, its close but no problems.

+48 should be no problem within reason, I have 18x7.5 rims and they fit fine, no rubbing or anything. Stock tires.

You answered your own question there. Some fit and some don't. Mostly its the steel wheels that have the problems. I had a set of steel wheels that were 2 piece (hub and then outer wheel) so they had a bead of weld that was actually problem and rubbed a tiny bit on caliper. I bought alloy 16s Sport Edition (the cheapo's from tirerack) and they fit fine, its close but no problems.

What size tires were running with the 16's

will most likely rub a lot....SOME people have had issues with 225/45/18, so 235/45 will rub. and 235/40 would not be ideal for a 7" wheel. try 225/45/18 on stock wheels, but your overall diameter will be taller...

Well, I'll throw my name into the thread. I'm looking to run a fairly serious setup, and want to know if anyones' done anything similar. I'm looking to run a 17" wheel, at LEAST an 8 inch wheel, possibly a 9 inch wheel, 40ish offset, and a 245. As for now, I'm running stock suspension on an ms3. I'm not opposed to rolling fenders, or any other minor work required, though I am not looking to do a fatlace/hellaflush setup. Just looking to stuff as much tire under the car as possible. Anyone run something like this? I've seen a 17x9 42mm offset, but no idea what the tire was.

I run 17x9 +34F (10mm spacers) and 17x9+39 (5mm Spacers) with 245/40/17

I have room for wider tires if I choose

People have run bigger on stock suspension. I forget his name but there are pics on the forums

Thanks man. I've been pouring over the forum, saw madvillians setup, saw another setup on wheeldudes site, and it gave me hope. I'm not as concerned with wheelgap as I am stuffing tire under the car. I know of at least one other MN mbr that is running rx8's w/ a 245 tire, stock height, and NO room for error, hence my drop to 17's.

Latest posts

Back