What have you done to your Miata today?

That's the reason I haven't invested in an UD pully yet. I've heard varying remarks, but when thinking about it, the crazy things that harmonics can do to a rotating mass really steers me away. Who knows how long it would take, and likely it'll be fine, but who's to say.

As far as the rear window, I have never messed with Lexan. I likely don't have the proper tools to heat and bend it properly.

Phil, an interesting offer came my way today regarding the shocks. I'll keep you informed.
"they" say failure in the rotating mass, particularly the oil pump first, is often seen is as little as 2k miles, especially if it sees a lot of upper rpm shifts. Of course, I can't say from firsthand experience, and for all I know the UD-Pulley has a balancer built in...

Did you see the link I posted for Keith's Targa Miata build? He used an airsaw to cut, and said the 1/8" Lexan is flexible enough to rivet in place without having to heat to bend. http://www.targamiata.com/diary.php?UID=273

Cleaning up and painting some old rims for the summer tires. New coilovers should arrive next week. Hopefully get the coilvers and rims installed next weekend.

Honestly not sure, I'll let you guys know. I know a bunch of folks are running them without issue, so who knows (shrug). I'll be rebuilding a B6 over the course of this year anyway, so worst case, I'll have an extra to swap in. BTW, Kevin, you may be interested in this:
http://www.partsgroup.com/store.aspx?category=Miata-Engine&Page=0
1st column, 2nd row down. Figure for a couple bucks it'll save you some hassle of trying to do your own parts matching.

Had a Mazdclubtr.com meet here in Izmir & got to hang out with some of my Turkish friends...
60_30_03_08_4_49_01_1.JPG

60_30_03_08_4_45_20_2.JPG

60_30_03_08_4_45_21_3.JPG

7_30_03_08_4_44_42_4.jpg

Everyone loves the MZ3 here.
there was a guy with a NB with a hardtop...I wanted to trade tops...lol.

Bah... Dealer gave me the wrong rear calipers. Gave me calipers off of a 1.6l car, and I have 1.8l brakes. Luckily the calipers themselves are the same, and it was just the bracket I had to reuse. However upon closer inspection I found out my rotors are toast too. I was hoping it was just surface rust from sitting, but turns out they are pitted pretty bad.

So since I can't finish the brakes today, I'm moving on to the next item: rusted rockers... I got all the loose rust off and started to cutout the not so loose. The whole outer layer of metal is gone, and what you see with the round holes is the inner support.

It's gonna be a ghetto repair, so don't expect it to look great up close once i'm done. I'm only concerned about stopping the spread of the rust. Going to spray some rust stopping paint on it, then just fiberglass over the hole.

I got some rust fighting primer and sprayed the hell out of the inside and exposed metal. Then I used expanding foam to fill the hole. tip: use tape to keep the foam from falling out since it's a verticle surface and will just ooze out. Then use a hack-saw blade to trim it down. Doesn't look like it, but it's pretty flush with the rest of the rocker.

Attachments

• gotrust.JPG
    gotrust.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 167
  • gotrust2.JPG
    gotrust2.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 170
  • gotrust3.JPG
    gotrust3.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 154
  • gotrust4.JPG
    gotrust4.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 155
  • gotrust5.JPG
    gotrust5.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Hey...my ignition module (the part that says mitsubishi) right next to the pass shock mount went out and I can start the car...bummer.
I'm in need of one..any ideas?
I'm gonna search ebay...but I'm at work right now...if you guys have a spare or know where I can find one for cheap and has quick shipping, plz lmk.

online mazda parts or partsgroup.com

You're looking for the igniter. How do you know that's the issue??

online mazda parts or partsgroup.com

You're looking for the igniter. How do you know that's the issue??

Because my trusted mechanic located said problem.
I need this:
434c_1.JPG

& this:
57_1_b.JPG

(it sits behind the motor I think)...it has the engine number on there....
d9_1_b.JPG

crank angle ignitor...some shiiiiiit.....?

Last edited:
When I get home...I gotta check the part numbers.
I'm in class right now...and from my best guess the second one is right...the first one is DEFINITE.

The car is good...just won't turn over.
Ignition issue.

What sorta problems were you experiencing? Super retarded ignition timing? If so, the connector on your ignitor needs to be cleaned or fooled with. That was the problem I was experiencing when I put your car back together, and why the PO super-advanced the timing.

What sorta problems were you experiencing? Super retarded ignition timing? If so, the connector on your ignitor needs to be cleaned or fooled with. That was the problem I was experiencing when I put your car back together, and why the PO super-advanced the timing.

I went to a Mazda meet here on Sunday...afterwards, I went to the local track...they were having an event there...didn't run the car because it was drags...and f' that dragging the Miata. But when I was leaving the crowds blocked off the roads and they were drifting and doing donuts and stuff...so I joined in. After that I was on the way home..car was running fine, then i just started losing power and then nothing....dead. I was low on gas (but not fully empty), so I got a gallon and tried to start it...nothing. then ppl started stopping and trying to help me out...battery was good, oil was good (and FULL...lol), gas was ok. The car just wouldn't turn over. tried giving it a push start...nope..that def does not work. Called my mechanic, he had the tow truck come get me, dropped it off @ his shop, stopped by there yesterday & he told me what the problem was. Ignitor module & the crank sensor either was really old or bad and he was like replace that too.
I bought both off ebay lastnight & paid this morning..so hopefully 1 week I will have my parts and have the car running again.
In the midst of all this...i found a place (other than the track) that hosts weekend auto-x's...so I'm gonna start going out there too. And also found out the track hosts friday night drifting...yay...because I've been "dabbling" into that.
(rei)

Back