245/45-16 Hankooks, FD rims, Pro5

nazgul350r said:
Did you get a chance to try those on your firends MSP?

Not before I switched tires. I have another set of FD rims, but I need to machine the centerbore out before I can test them on the MSP.

I love how you have stickers on your car and not magnets. That's awesome! I had stickers on my Saturn (the magnets just kept falling right off!!!!). It drew a little bit of attention, but not much.

I am in the process of buying some fd rims. So to fit with 225/50 I will need to bore the center out how much and also need a spacer front and rear?

Thank you for your work in fitting these tires.

Stock. And one other member is running stock struts with aftermarket springs

As far as spacers...

I think the rears will clear the struts fine. There is a small indention in the side of the struts that is perfect for it to clear. IIRC, the fronts will need at least a 5mm spacer to clear the strut, but you can probably use up to a 15mm spacer before you have any issues with the fenders. You can also just grind away at the bracket on the front struts where the rim rubs if you don't want to fool with the spacers. Test mount a rim and you'll see what I'm talking about. It would be really easy to just grind it down a little. If you use a 5mm spacer you shouldn't have to get longer studs. Anything more and you have to start worrying about having enough turns on the lug nuts. I mounted my set with 245/45-16 tires on a MSP that had aftermarket springs on it. It rubbed the rear fenders pretty good but they were untouched. You will probably still have to roll the rear fenders a hair with 225 tires, but it should be pretty easy to get them in there. The sedans have a little more clearance than my wagon did.

We mounted my rims and tires (245s) to a MSP with stock struts/lowering springs and they fit fine. I can't remember if I used a 3mm spacer on that car or not. I don't think I did since the stock MSP struts had a slight indention in them already. They cleared the struts fine but hit the fender.

Would 245/45 fit with a rolled lip?

Mine is stock and I am wondering where you found the room.

I did use a 5mm in Front and a 3mm Spacer in the rear.

Lastly I did not have to bore my wheels.

Would 245/45 fit with a rolled lip?

Mine is stock and I am wondering where you found the room.

I did use a 5mm in Front and a 3mm Spacer in the rear.

Lastly I did not have to bore my wheels.

I don't think 245s would fit in the rear even with rolled fenders. I had to basically grind the fender down to a knife edge and it still rubbed on large bumps even with my 600lbs rear springs. 225's shouldn't be a problem though with rolled fenders.

225s are fitting w/o rolled fenders. I am going to run it hard tomorrow to see if there is any rubbing.

225s are fitting w/o rolled fenders. I am going to run it hard tomorrow to see if there is any rubbing.

Ride height counts for a lot. My car wasn't extremely low considering I had coilovers. I actually had to lower my car a little from where I had it when I first installed the rims since the struts were actually topping out over bumps. At that point I got real aggressive with the fenders and was able to lower the car another .5-1" more.

Drove it to work today. The rears rub on the fender lip in the rear. So first I will take out the spacer and see how that works. If that doesnt work out I will roll the lip on it.

Back