Lowered My Ms6 Drives Gr8!

looks very nice. my wife comments on the ride quality being so much better than the protege all the time...so i dont think i'm allowed to lower mine. oh well.

Rican219 said:
I'm thinking about trying it now it does look nice. I just don't want a bad camber.

Camber is way off in the rear with these but the front isnt too bad, which is good since its not adjustable. Get an alignment right after it settles to correct the rear and your good!

Also I agree with what is said here about ride and handling. I have had these springs for 10 months or so and they are great for the street and the look was perfect IMO

Nice stance with the springs on. I wonder what the sportline springs would look like or feel? Anyone with them?

DaPortugee said:
Camber is way off in the rear with these but the front isnt too bad, which is good since its not adjustable. Get an alignment right after it settles to correct the rear and your good!

Also I agree with what is said here about ride and handling. I have had these springs for 10 months or so and they are great for the street and the look was perfect IMO

How long do I wait for it to settle?

Should I consider the Mazdspeed 6 springs? Aren't they the same??

Last edited:
doogie said:
Nice stance with the springs on. I wonder what the sportline springs would look like or feel? Anyone with them?

MS6freek has the sportlines and he has a bunch of pics of his car on here.

To the original poster:
Did you keep the stock struts when you changed the springs?

Also, how's it performing upto now? Still A1?

I dont have my car right now

As some of you know I drove from florida to California on feb 25th and then I flew to hawaii where I currently live. The car was incredible around the 100plus mph runs around the west texas mountains and New Mexico desert. I did scrape the front bumper in California out of a stupid blind turn but hey thats what touch up paint is for so all in all the best suspension upgrade I think I could have done period. I fully respect eibach and wholly recommend it. I did a true real world test of this car and it has proven to be everything id hoped for. I will have her here in Honolulu on the 2nd but due to the ridiculous speed laws here I doubt she will ever get to 80 mph again.

Jae

theChineyz said:
As some of you know I drove from florida to California on feb 25th and then I flew to hawaii where I currently live. The car was incredible around the 100plus mph runs around the west texas mountains and New Mexico desert. I did scrape the front bumper in California out of a stupid blind turn but hey thats what touch up paint is for so all in all the best suspension upgrade I think I could have done period. I fully respect eibach and wholly recommend it. I did a true real world test of this car and it has proven to be everything id hoped for. I will have her here in Honolulu on the 2nd but due to the ridiculous speed laws here I doubt she will ever get to 80 mph again.

Jae

Nothing over 80? How are you going to control yourself? Thats just going to be torture. You should sell the MS6 and buy a slowtege5 like me! :)

That way when you're going 65, it feels like you're going 85!!!

Nice bro... looks about the same as the megans. Here's a pic of mine.

Attachments

• car1.jpg
    car1.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 252
The car looks very nice... I want to lower mine too, but I hesitate between the Eibach Prokit and the H&R springs. They have the same drop (about 1.4 inch), but I think the Eibach are progressive springs and the H&R are linear. Which one are better, linear or progressive?

I was told that linear are more predictible than the progressive springs.

Thanks!

Linear will give a more responsive and as you said predictable ride and handling, but the ride quality will be stiffer/bumpier.

Progressive springs are a compromise spring. They offer some of the benefits of handling when you get to the stiffer part of the spring but the first part is setup for a cushy smooth ride.

Most cars come from the factory with progressive because they offer a smoother ride and decent handling. If you are any kind of performance enthusiat than you will want linear springs.

jdub260 said:
Linear will give a more responsive and as you said predictable ride and handling, but the ride quality will be stiffer/bumpier.

Progressive springs are a compromise spring. They offer some of the benefits of handling when you get to the stiffer part of the spring but the first part is setup for a cushy smooth ride.

Most cars come from the factory with progressive because they offer a smoother ride and decent handling. If you are any kind of performance enthusiat than you will want linear springs.

Thanks for the reply! When you say bumpier ride, do you mean like those cars that bounce all over the place, like people cut their springs? Also, I suppose the stock strut will suffer more from linear springs than progressive... Is my assumption correct? And you have AutoExe low down springs...are they linear or progressive?

Thanks again!

Last edited:
ABPRSXS said:
Thanks for the reply! When you say bumpier ride, do you mean like those cars that bounce all over the place, like people cut their springs? Also, I suppose the stock strut will suffer more from linear springs than progressive... Is my assumption correct? And you have AutoExe low down springs...are they linear or progressive?

Thanks again!

Bumpier = rougher/harsher not "bouncy", just not smooth like a caddy. :D

Lowering/Stiffer springs will take a toll on the stock shocks and struts, however the car is almost brand new so you should be able to change out the springs and get 20k miles out of the shocks and struts. I changed my springs 7K miles ago and I expect that I'll get at least another 10k-15k miles easy(But I'm gonna upgrade my shocks and struts next year anyway).

For spring information go here.

Back