What have you done to your P5 today?

bigj884 said:
got a CEl today...car was running fine like normal.....didnt have tiime to get the code read...so i just reset the ECU....see if it comes back...then i'll get the code read.
I fail to see the logic here. Resetting the ECU just masks the problem. How did this help? You may as well have stuck tape over the light, but if you did that you still would have been able to take it to a shop to get the code read. NEVER clear a light before getting the code read (no)

I hope I'm still getting my P5 back tomorrow.. I was there at about 10:30, talked to the guys, everything was going great.. even got to pet a little doggy there (a yorkshire terrier, I miss mine :( ). He said to call tomorrow morning sometime around 10 and I should be able to come pick the car up.

I just got back on my desktop computer (was using my laptop this evening) and I got an instant message apparently from someone at the body shop.

(names hidden to protect the innocent)

(14:24:09) ** body shop guy **:HI THIS IS B---- FROM VOGELS COLLISION
(14:24:09) **me** : sleep. class 8-10, then going to the body shop, then off to work.
(14:24:35) ** body shop guy **: PLEASE GIVE US A CALL ABOUT THE MAZDA THANK YOU

1, that's kinda a scary message to get via IM.
2, what the heck is going on with my car?
3, who are you and how do you know my screenname? I didn't even know that anyone named B---- worked there, I figured I had met everyone by now. I know he's not the guy who did my body work, or the owner, or the owner's brother or son or wife.. maybe the paint guy?
4, why didn't someone just call me, wouldn't that have been easier? If I saw a phone call coming from a Rochester area code I would have answered even though I was at work... weird! I hope nothing is wrong with my baby!

silverpro5 said:
today I installed my first mod! - a DGM grille I bought off altspace. its SEXY, I love it!

maybe some pics tomorrow, its dark outside

An altspace original --- very nice work indeed! (2thumbs)

Sweet !! I wanted that badboy too. But, I just got done buying his rotors, and various other items for the car. Are you going to make it for the first drive of the year on the 28th ?

silverpro5 said:
today I installed my first mod! - a DGM grille I bought off altspace. its SEXY, I love it!

maybe some pics tomorrow, its dark outside

Did these awhile ago but finally got a new digi-cam and thought I would post up. CX-7 antenna and Mazda6 rear wiper. My apologies for the dirty car.

Attachments

• P5 - CX-7 Antenna.jpg
    P5 - CX-7 Antenna.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 212
  • Copy of P5 - Zoom-Zoom And Mazda6 Rear Wiper Conversion.jpg
    Copy of P5 - Zoom-Zoom And Mazda6 Rear Wiper Conversion.jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 229
Took my whole air intake out tonight and cleaned it.. and Saturday I'm cleaning my EGR, IAC, doing the seafoam treatment, and hopefully some new plugs/wires! After the cold winter and all the ski trips this is just what my car needs(cheers2)

I would like to, well see. Its pretty far from GR....

Yaggie1 said:
Sweet !! I wanted that badboy too. But, I just got done buying his rotors, and various other items for the car. Are you going to make it for the first drive of the year on the 28th ?

yesterday i replaced the aging sagging sway bar bushings, washed it, and cleaned the underneath. you could say that my cars naughty bits are as fresh as a summers eve ;)

My car's front half is nice and fresh :) was painted and cured yesterday. She looks stunning!

I'll probably slap my CF hood on today since I don't think I'll need to bring the new stock hood back to the body shop any time soon.

Then I dunno.. maybe I'll change the oil, spark plugs, etc.

new hood latch finally too.. no more rattles!!!!

My car got washed today! And by that I mean it rained today, so it's not all pollen-y for the time being

Against my better instincts, I decided to order a replacement for the PIAA sport mesh my wife curbed this past Dec. Turns out they've been discontinued (notcool). Ugh - I've contacted PIAA corporate directly for any leads. This marks the second time that my striving for uniqueness with wheels has bitten me in the ass.

Back