New Navigation DVD: Part No. GP9A 66 DZ0 E

lsgko

The part number of the newest navigation DVD seems to be GP9A 66 DZ0 E. My guess is that the E version might be the DVD coming with the 2009 models.

The part number for the E model shows up at Online Mazda Parts

Can anyone confirm? Anyone got access to a 2009 Mazda with navigation and can look at the DVD part no?

Thanks in Advance.

Update: I talked to a dealership and they had the GP9A 66 DZ0 E part number in the system and it replaces the GP9A 66 DZ0 D. The price was $324.

Last edited:
this is GREAT news!!!!

would this be covered under warranty?

EDIT:
from OMP

Item Number MSRP Core Price Price
GP9A66DZ0E $264.00 $0.00 $211.20

As a brand new proud owner of a '06 MS6 I'm interested in this as well. Also, where is the actual DVD player for the Navi system? Is it under the passenger seat? Sorry for the newbness... We literally picked up the car last night and I haven't gotten much of a chance to look into everything yet.

-Dorkfish

As a brand new proud owner of a '06 MS6 I'm interested in this as well. Also, where is the actual DVD player for the Navi system? Is it under the passenger seat? Sorry for the newbness... We literally picked up the car last night and I haven't gotten much of a chance to look into everything yet.

-Dorkfish

It's mounted in the trunk.

Have they posted a list of updated features for the new nav dvd? It had better be some pretty good s*** if they're charging that much for it.

The part number of the newest navigation DVD seems to be GP9A 66 DZ0 E. My guess is that the E version might be the DVD coming with the 2009 models.

Can anyone confirm? Anyone got access to a 2009 Mazda with navigation and can look at the DVD part no?

Thanks in Advance.

Update: I talked to a dealership and they had the GP9A 66 DZ0 E part number in the system and it replaces the GP9A 66 DZ0 D. The price was $324.

Any idea if this CD is a new interface for the nav program altogether? Or is it just updated maps and destinations? I would love to see a REAL upgrade over the current nav system (which looks kinda cheap in my option) on my 06 MS6. Especially for $324! lol.

You know, if I went into a Mazda dealer, and said, "I don't know what happened to the DVD. Maybe some kid got in my trunk and pulled it out and threw it away."

You think I could goto the dealer and request a warrenty replacement? I know it is a gamble of which version I get, but what do you think?

-Dorkfish

Thanks in Advance.

Just ordered it from that link you posted. We'll see how it is. I'll try to remember to post a review when I get it.

-Dorkfish

lookin to update myself... if the updates only consisted of new maps...
cant justify that for the price... keep us posted dorkfish..

NAVI DVD location on a hatchback.

-Dorkfish

I'm looking forward to updating my system on my 06 Gran Touring. I believe the DVD system "is" under the passenger seat. And what a bear it looks like will be to get to it. I started the other day by removing 3 nuts that hold it to the floor. It looks like access to the DVD slot is encased in protective metal box. It seems and I hope someone can tell me otherwise that the seat needs to be removed to get to it all.

Am I wrong?

Also, first post and thanks for any input.

Tom

I'm looking forward to updating my system on my 06 Gran Touring. I believe the DVD system "is" under the passenger seat. And what a bear it looks like will be to get to it. I started the other day by removing 3 nuts that hold it to the floor. It looks like access to the DVD slot is encased in protective metal box. It seems and I hope someone can tell me otherwise that the seat needs to be removed to get to it all.

Am I wrong?

Also, first post and thanks for any input.

Tom

That's the Bose amplifier that's under the passenger seat. In the MS6, the nav computer is mounted under the rear deck in the trunk. There's no way to miss it.

And if you were curious, the Bose amp isn't at all that difficult to pull out. ;)

That's the Bose amplifier that's under the passenger seat. In the MS6, the nav computer is mounted under the rear deck in the trunk. There's no way to miss it.

And if you were curious, the Bose amp isn't at all that difficult to pull out. ;)

There is no under the deck on a hatchback, I imagine it's similar to a wagon. The only items I can locate in the back is the jack, spare tire and the sub woofer that is on top of the spare tire. No other obvious hidden compartments.

This is a factory stock Gran Touring package 5 door.

Anyone?

Back