How much did you pay for your Mazda 3?

ZoomVT

Glorified Newbie
Contributor
:
2008 | BMW e90 |
Alright this is going to be the official thread to compare and discuss the deals we got on our cars. A lot of people are asking whether the deal they are being offered is good or are they being suckered. So in this thread you can find out how much yor fellow members paid and compare your deal to theirs.
Please include as much detail as you can so we know how you got such a sweet deal.
Did you know the salesman? you are a regular at the dealership? how much was your trade in, did they pay you well for it? discounts? S plan?
Financing?

I'll start with mine.
I have a 2004 Mazda 3s sedan. Titanium Gray.
I got a 17,500 OTD price and they gave me basically nothing for a POS trade in ($800). I thought that was kind of fare if you knew that the head gasket was blown and it was leaking coolant into the passenger seat.
Anyway, i got it at 17,500 OTD minus down payment of 3k. and i financed at 3.9% fixed for 60 months. My monthly payment is $250.
I thought i got a good deal; what do you think?
how much did you pay?

Canadian buyer.

2007 GS automatic, black.
$24,700cdn plus $105 license fee.
Agincourt Mazda. Did not know salesperson.
4.9% financing, $15,000 down, $303/month for 36 months.
I think I got the best price, as I had went to 2 other dealerships also. None would go below $25,000 on the road.

2006 MAZDA 3 S HATCHBACK. The fancy white color that they charge you 100$ extra for (bastards). I bought it on the S plan, no trade, 2k down, and a raping interest rate but it was the best I could get, 8.2%. after tax title tags and license. Roughly 19,612 minus down payment total out the door expense was right around 17k, 360$ a month for 60 months OUCH!!! but I love the car so what are you going to do?

i think Oasis you got a decent deal; although the down payment definitely helped.

jhowey, what was the price with the S plan? the rate is definitely rough; as i think you could get it as low as 5.95% which would have made quite a difference in your payment.

Off topic, but omg you guys got great interest rates and some pretty good deals. like ROD 15890 is below invoice i believe on the 2007 hatch, how did you manage that?

jhowey said:
Off topic, but omg you guys got great interest rates and some pretty good deals. like ROD 15890 is below invoice i believe on the 2007 hatch, how did you manage that?

I didn't. I picked up the paper on Sat. Saw the usual BS ad $15890 (1 at this price). I thought to myself, either 1) they will say it's been sold or 2) It's got high miles from test drives. I call the dealer, they have it in stock. I show up, the plastic is still on the car, with 10 miles on it. I guess manual trannies don't sell too good out here in So. Cal.

Well that is a solid find I dont think you will ever go upside down with a price like that. Yeah and I bet manuals dont sell well in socal with all teh stop and go out there. Sounds like you might have got lucky to. It sounds like that is the "attraction car" the car that they sell for nothing but they are always moving it from dealer to dealer to avoid selling it but still attracting customers to the lot.

jhowey said:
2006 MAZDA 3 S HATCHBACK. The fancy white color that they charge you 100$ extra for (bastards). I bought it on the S plan, no trade, 2k down, and a raping interest rate but it was the best I could get, 8.2%. after tax title tags and license. Roughly 19,612 minus down payment total out the door expense was right around 17k, 360$ a month for 60 months OUCH!!! but I love the car so what are you going to do?
8.2% is ridiculous...

I'm waiting for some canadian buyers to reply so I can get an idea if i got a good deal. Who knows really if I did get a good deal.

i just stopped by the mazda dealer here.
i looked at a 07 Mazda 3s GT 4 door. I then added the power roof and cd changer, and they quoted me 21750. i would like to lower them to 21k and get it OTD for 22k.
If my calcs are right and they offer me 14k for my trade in then i would be looking at financing 15k at i think i can get 5.95% from my credit union.
If all that happens (that is a lot of ifs) i would be looking at abour $290/mo which is only 40 bucks more than i pay now.
And for that 40 bucks a month i would be getting heated seats, leather. stock HIDs and light sensor along with the wiper sensors.
i think thats pretty good.

way to bust my bubble buddy.
well i got the Volvo dealership to offer me 13.5k on my trade 3 weeks ago. so i figured this is a mazda dealer; easier for them to resell it. right now they are out of mazda 3s, no 04s, 05s or 06s. so they could use a used one and they can probably make decent money. Also i bought it from them and i am coming back for another; i would think that they would be interested in making a customer for life.

I will be getting my 2007 3s Touring from the same guy my brother (the anesthesiologist) has bought several cars from. They also play golf together, so for one phone call and one follow-up email, I will be getting the car for $100.00 over invoice, plus the dealer fees. The dealer fees include a $200.00 regional advertising fee, which I am not thrilled about, but I know it's part of their cost of doing business, and $275.50 for all the other BS.

I am sure they are going to be making more than the $100.00, but I really don't care. It's a good deal for me, and it was made relatively easily despite being 12 time zones away. OTD for $19,120.50 with the moonroof/cd, rear step plates, and wheel locks.

I won't be paying sales tax, because I am buying the car in Ohio (6.75% sales tax) and will be registering it in my new home state of Virginia. If I read the VA DMV webpage right I will only have to pay a 3% sales and use tax, which will save me 3.75%, or about $700.00.

thanks to Derek the f-ing dealership tried to bend me over. He calls me today to tell me he is offering me 10k whether is a trade or just cash as they would like to have it. I couldnt control myself and laughed pretty hard. I told him to f-off as 2 other area dealerships (1 volvo, and the other the "luxury" dealership in the area that sells porsches, bmws, land rovers, mercedez) offered me between 13.5k and 14.2k. And then 2 dealerships in NH offered me close to 13k. He just stood quiet; so i told him thanks but no thansk and i am very dissapointed in the treatment i got as a loyal mazda and dealership customer.
He just called me again, saying there is a girl who is interested in buying a used 04 and if she could call me personally or if i wanted her number. I said i am not interested in selling my car right now; i would be willing to trade but i am not going to sell it and then have to go trhough the hassle of selling it. I said, let her call me and i'll figure something out.
Anyway, i am thinking about this; what do you guys think its a fair price?

Edmunds:
National Base Price $11,315 $12,483 $13,439
Optional Equipment $744 $835 $1,009
Compact Disc Changer $88 $98 $119
Power Moonroof $304 $341 $412
Xenon High Intensity Discharge Headlights $176 $198 $239
4-Wheel ABS $176 $198 $239
Color Adjustment
Gray $23 $25 $27
Regional Adjustment
for Zip Code 05401 $-26 $-29 $-31
Mileage Adjustment
41,000 miles $-257 $-257 $-257
Condition Adjustment
Clean $0 $0 $0

Total
$11,799 $13,057 $14,187

NADA:

Base Price$13,575$15,800
Mileage - 41,000 miles-$125-$125
Options Aluminum/Alloy Wheels (Std. s)$275$325
Cruise Control (Std. s)$175$200
Power Door Locks (Std. s)$150$175
Power Sunroof $475$550
Power Windows (Std. s)$175$200
W/out Automatic Trans. -$475-$475
TOTAL PRICE$14,225$16,650
I say i wouldnt mind taking the average of the 2. around 13,700 sounds fair to me.

Last edited:
i would start at 14.5 and work your way down to where you want to sell it... most people get a kick out of negotiating people down so i would start a bit higher then what you want and let her negotiate you down (.)(.)... rofl... anyways good luck with selling it private party you could make more money then a trade in... to bad they low balled you so much that is weak.

Car: Black 07' Mazda 3s Sedan(Manual)
Options:
-Sunroom
-Side airbags
-6cd Changer

Brand new off the trailer for $18.1 before TTL

sunroom... lol

sorry man couldn't help it...

welcome to the forums and hope you find all the info and parts you want to make that 07 yours....

canadian purchase

OK, go easy on me, this is my first post. I just joined the forum a few days ago.

I pick up my new Mazda3 Sport tomorrow.

Got the GT with Luxury package; leather, 6 disk CD, sunroof, etc. and Tinting. Plus bought the extended warranty for 6 years/160000kms. Oh yeah, undercoat, rustproof and upholstery guard as well.

Total vehicle price is 29,134 CDN
They gave me $9000 for my 2003 Protege5 (with 131,000 kms on it, manual, air)
I got 5.7% financing for 6 years (0.5% less than the typical 6.2% as I'm a loyal customer).
Payments are $477/month for 72 months.
Got $2500 for my trade in as a down payment (9000 less the 6500 I still owe)
and I only put 500 down.

Basically I'm pretty happy with the deal, the fleet manager was very helpful, but the salesman was full of s*** most of the time. I've bought 6 cars from this dealership (all Mazdas) and the mechanics are pretty good and that's what counts. After tomorrow I'll never see the sales guy again.

Now all I have to do is try to get to sleep. I haven't been this excited about something new since I found out my parents got me an Atari 2600 for Christmas and that must have been 1982!!!

I'll keep you guys posted and maybe upload some pics if I can figure out how.

myles said:
Basically I'm pretty happy with the deal, the fleet manager was very helpful, but the salesman was full of s*** most of the time. I've bought 6 cars from this dealership (all Mazdas) and the mechanics are pretty good and that's what counts. After tomorrow I'll never see the sales guy again.

Now all I have to do is try to get to sleep. I haven't been this excited about something new since I found out my parents got me an Atari 2600 for Christmas and that must have been 1982!!!

I'll keep you guys posted and maybe upload some pics if I can figure out how.

If you are happy with the deal, then that is all that counts. Post some pics when you get it. What color, and do they tint all the windows up north, or just behind the b-pillar? How's the Pong game?

Last edited:
Madsoccer and myles welcome to the forum.
madsoccer dont worry about tsunami, he is from Maine; i guess they dont have sunrooms up there. lol. By the way that sounds like a pretty good deal; is that a Touring model?

Myles that doesnt sound too bad of a deal either; i am having a hard time with the conversions and it seems the mo payments are high but then i remember they are in canadian dollars so there is a difference. That car you picked up is basically the one i want, but i would have not bought all the extra stuff the dealer upsells you. Rustproof and extended warranty FTL.
Congratulations and show some pics!

Back