Air sucking sound during hard acceleration (2016 CX-9)

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 GT
I just noticed this the other day as my wife is the primary driver of our 2016 CX-9 Grand touring. It only happens in the morning after first several heavy accelerations. There is a air sucking sound when hitting the gas hard and goes away when let off. Seems to go away once the car has warmed up. I have heard this on my previous vehicles that I have cold air intakes on. Our CX-9 is all stock. Everything seems fine with it and no CEL. Checked the air box for any loose clamps or hoses but that all checked out. Could it be the turbo making that sound or is it just the stock intake taking in that cold air in the morning and making that sound?

Thanks, I didn't see that loose on the hood and there is also no lack of power. I was thinking the bypass valve as well but I thought you would only happen when shifting like a blowoff valve.

I checked and I do hear the turbo spooling up at hard acceleration and low rpm on my 2018. My guess is if the sound isn’t really loud and sound lime turbo induction sound (not the blow off valve) then it is probably normal.

Back