2024 vs 2025 CX-90...Worth waiting for..?

I have a CX-5 which I love. Of all the cars we have owned over the years it is super fun to drive and rivaled past cars ala MBZ and BMW. Unfortunately my husband, who is a rangy, 6'4 has just never fit comfortably in the car. He is OK if driving, but otherwise it is pretty miserable. I am also tall, so I am not as happy in the passenger seat, either (the glove box gets in the way). Last year we looked at the CX-9 but honestly there was no difference in terms of cabin space, plus it wasn't as much fun to drive. I was getting ready to test drive a CX-90 next week, but spent some time here on the forum and have a couple questions. I am wondering if it might be worth waiting for the 2025? BUT then I see there is a price drop on the 2024.

So if the first generation issues are not significant, all things considered, it might make sense to take advantage of price cut now? Or buy a possibly better (and more expensive?) version coming out next model year? Appreciate any insights.

IMO, if there is no urgency then it is always good to stay away from a first year model.

Mazda will surely make a lot of adjustments to 2025 models for QC reasons.

IMO, if there is no urgency then it is always good to stay away from a first year model.

Mazda will surely make a lot of adjustments to 2025 models for QC reasons.

I have to agree. In addition to those QC adjustments, they also always make some quality of life adjustments or modifications for each model year, so it might be worth waiting to see what those might be. For example, one of the reasons I got my 2018 CX-9 is because they improved 3rd row ingress/egress by allowing the 2nd row to slide forward more.

Latest posts

Back