Congratulations Andres Rodriguez!

).

Care to share a pic of it? I'd love to see your revised setup after the original design was "non compliant" (The Fastrack wording; of which I still have a problem with. )

No pictures yet , but the main idea is that the bar has to create mechanical opposition to the "Sway " movement of the car, you could do this by adding a second attachment point on each side of you B-spec bar to fix it so it prevents the car from swaying. As it sit right now your bar has one point of attachment on each side and allows rotation by a knuckle type attachment.

Sway%20Bar%20complete.jpg

Figure out the way to get a second point of attachment, both have to be attached to the bar

swaybar-jpg.875

Andres

Last edited:
No pictures yet , but the main ide is that the bar has to create mechanical opposition to the "Sway " movement of the car, you could do this by adding a second attachment point on each side of you B-spec bar to fix it so it prevents the car from swaying. As it sit right now your bar has one point of attachment on each side and allows rotation by a knuckle type attachment.

Andres

So the BS M2 bar is interesting. It does some interesting things with toe when one side of the rear is loaded up.

It keeps the toe even when loaded, but pre loading it creates the toe out which is so critical for rotation on high grip surfaces.

No pictures yet , but the main idea is that the bar has to create mechanical opposition to the "Sway " movement of the car, you could do this by adding a second attachment point on each side of you B-spec bar to fix it so it prevents the car from swaying. As it sit right now your bar has one point of attachment on each side and allows rotation by a knuckle type attachment.

Figure out the way to get a second point of attachment, both have to be attached to the bar

Andres

Huh? and the second image is a dead link...maybe that woud help wrap my head around what you're saying. And as Doug explained it to me, there is no way the Tri Point bar could be modified to be legal and still be 100% effective.

It keeps the toe even when loaded, but pre loading it creates the toe out which is so critical for rotation on high grip surfaces.

Not quite, if you think of the rear suspension as a square frame when this bar is attached. If you flex one end while keeping the other end stationary, one side of the square needs to either get longer or deflect inward to compensate for the longer distance required. So if you think of it like this, when you take a right hand turn while accelerating, the outer left will be pulled in creating creating toe out and causing the rear to steer. The link isn't really a sway in the traditional sense, but since the deflection of the rear torsion beam create a sway bar like effect it serves its purpose while obeying the rules in BS.

Huh? and the second image is a dead link...maybe that woud help wrap my head around what you're saying. And as Doug explained it to me, there is no way the Tri Point bar could be modified to be legal and still be 100% effective.

Not accurate, you just have to change both ends by two new ones with two fixed points of attachment on each side creating this way resistance to the sway, then preserve the toe adjustability with the existing bar... open your mind grasshopper ...

Andres

Not accurate, you just have to change both ends by two new ones with two fixed points of attachment on each side creating this way resistance to the sway, then preserve the toe adjustability with the existing bar... open your mind grasshopper ...

Andres

One of my coworkers was trying to talk me into doing something like that, but I felt I could accomplish a better job using a true sway bar...didn't work out all that well in my favor. The Puegot 206 gti uses a simialar design.

51206d1388203091-compatibility-between-206-gti-206-gti-180-rc-180rear.jpg

You're up in Bob Day and Colin Kingsleys neck of the woods. Great guys to run the 2 against...

I bought 8" wide wheels before I read the rulebook, so my car is ineligible for STF. I've gotta run in FSP unless the rules change, or take a year off to get the money for more STF-appropriate mods. I've only ever run in Mohawk-Hudson region, and I've never run across either Day or Kingsley :-(.

One of my coworkers was trying to talk me into doing something like that, but I felt I could accomplish a better job using a true sway bar...didn't work out all that well in my favor. The Puegot 206 gti uses a simialar design.

51206d1388203091-compatibility-between-206-gti-206-gti-180-rc-180rear.jpg

I tried this, the car will over steer at 10 miles /hr, very dangerous. I spun a few times.. not an option for my car.

Andres

I bought 8" wide wheels before I read the rulebook, so my car is ineligible for STF. I've gotta run in FSP unless the rules change, or take a year off to get the money for more STF-appropriate mods. I've only ever run in Mohawk-Hudson region, and I've never run across either Day or Kingsley :-(.

Just sell your wheels and get the right ones. You'll have a blast in STF.

Andres

I tried this, the car will over steer at 10 miles /hr, very dangerous. I spun a few times.. not an option for my car.

Andres

Just sell your wheels and get the right ones. You'll have a blast in STF.

Andres

The ARB I based of Andy Hollis Civic bar worked really well, but I would overload the front tires. Oversteer wasn't that bad, but my shocks weren't tuned correctly for the rear bar, and didn't want to pursue trying to make it work. With more work I'm sure I could have made it work. I think it would be cool to see a M2 with a speedway bar in the back :)

Back