Black or Mirrored Tint? (Red p5)

• 5% Black Tint

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Mirrored Tint

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
:
2002 Mazda Protege5 Hatch
Getting the p5 tinted tomorrow, should I get 5% black or mirrored for the back half of the vehicle? (The front half is illegal so i'll have to decide over night what I am going to do)
Anyway hit the poll! ;)

Azuelke is 100% right. Mirrored tint is played out. Like 1992 played out.

I have to agree, if you can't tint the front windows at all, tinting the backs only won't look that much better. What state do you live in, OP?

I've got 35% in the front and 20% in the back, and it looks really good. You could probably get away w/ like 50 or 55 in the front.

I hate mirrored tint, I have 5% on the rear and 30 on the front. I wish I could have gotten 5 on the front but I got the darkest I could legally get.

he lives in Canada where it is illegal to have any tint in front of the "b" pillars that is not oem. Some provinces are more strict then others and i know NS is since i had to remove my front window tint in front of the cop or receive the $172 fine and I'm from out of province. i would do 5% sides and 20% on your back window any darker on yourb ack window and good luck seeing out it at night to back up if needed.

Hardcore no on mirror but if you're only doing the back, I think 5% is too dark on its own. I say go higher if you aren't doing the fronts.

35% which basically the limit in GA
PR5_Tinted.jpg

ive got a red P5 with 5 percent on the back and 35 on the driver and passenger side fronts...IMO the darker back makes the front look almost as dark from the side....especially being on a bright red car the 35% still looks wayy dark. I live in california where cops love to right you tickets for whatever they can get away with but ive put 35% up front on all my vehicles and never got a ticket and ive been pulled over A BUNCH...never questioned about my tint

Back