So far my most favorite appearance mod

Fresco

Contributor
I did the fog light mod not to long ago and I loved it but when I had my parking lights on the amber lights didn't match my fogs at all, so I bought a pair of amber/white switch back l.e.d.s and I think it makes the fog light mod that much better, any way for those of you that were curious on how it would look but didn't wanna spend the money for the bulbs here ya go enjoy.......

IMG_20110923_170722.jpg
IMG_20110923_170858.jpg
IMG_20110923_170741.jpg
IMG_20110923_170757.jpg

Last edited:
i like it with the white led parking lights, what bulb did you use for that?
and are your fogs hid?

Its the same number bulb that's in your headlights right now except there called switchback or white/amber dual l.e.d.s......and yes those are HIDS in my fogs

switchback LEDs are awesome! I had them in my Crown Vic and it totally changes the look of the car. I did have to use load resistors on the Vic to keep the bulbs from flashing too fast. The LEDs have a fraction of power draw that regular bulbs have so it would trick the LCM into thinking the bulb was out. I dont know if P5s use flasher relays or if there is a Light Control Module, (I'm sure someone can chime in on that) THe other thing i noticed with the Switchbacks is the light output is nowhere near as bright as a stock bulb. I think that it may be better on the P5 becuase of a smaller bulb housing to reflect more light but on the vic which has enormus turn signal housings the light could get easily washed out by my HIDs and even the sun at certain parts of the day. They look great though! They match the color in your fogs perfectly!

switchback LEDs are awesome! I had them in my Crown Vic and it totally changes the look of the car. I did have to use load resistors on the Vic to keep the bulbs from flashing too fast. The LEDs have a fraction of power draw that regular bulbs have so it would trick the LCM into thinking the bulb was out. I dont know if P5s use flasher relays or if there is a Light Control Module, (I'm sure someone can chime in on that) THe other thing i noticed with the Switchbacks is the light output is nowhere near as bright as a stock bulb. I think that it may be better on the P5 becuase of a smaller bulb housing to reflect more light but on the vic which has enormus turn signal housings the light could get easily washed out by my HIDs and even the sun at certain parts of the day. They look great though! They match the color in your fogs perfectly!

I had to put the load resistors in as well to keep them from blinking fast, but these leds are surprising bright I have 10000k hids in my headlights and you can still see them when I flip the turn signals

Back