Installed Megan Lowering Springs this weekend on the P5

KMac

Zoomin' since 2003
:
Mazda Protege5, 02
Well I finally installed my Megan Lowering Springs this weekend, and I must say it really was not that bad. The how-to on this site and the Maintenance manual helped a ton.

http://www.meganracing.com/uploadimage/regular/7232010_LS-HC92.jpg

I went with the Megan springs because of the 2" drop at all four corners. Not like the rest of the manufacturers who off set the back. I wanted a nice even drop all the way around.
PRO5 Wheel.jpg
PRO5 Side.jpg
PRO5 front.jpg

Dunno if I like the even drop but I love that it isn't the stock height :p How do they feel when you drive?

Dunno if I like the even drop but I love that it isn't the stock height :p How do they feel when you drive?

They actually feel really good, a tad rougher than stock but really I don't notice it that much. It definitely does feels stiffer when cornering.

did you just put new lower springs or did you also change the shocks?

I had already done the strut's with KYB-G2's. I did not put sport strut's under it (Tokico blues). That would have really made the ride very stiff. I don't want to kill the kids in the back seat with the ride. It was more for looks than anything.

KYB's and megan i kept thinking bout this combo... so far i'm planning to go for tokico and h&r this march... what's the comparison for both? I'm not looking for a good gain on handling just enough for me to enjoy the road.... AFIK tokico is superior than KYB... and H&R to megan. I'm running a budget on my mp5 so I'm looking at different varieties... KYB is pretty cheap and so as megan I just want to make sure i got a good product too even though they are cheap.

Back