Greetings From Central Pennsylvania!

slyderdai

:
2010 mazda5 Sport
Oh Hai! I'm Derek, I just got a 2010 Mazda Five 5speed auto. We got a helluva deal on it. Anyways I'm just here to learn about these things since all I've ever toyed with were Hyundai's (Don't hate)

First impressions of the 5:
I love everything about it really. WE don't have a whole lot of plans for it cosmetics only. I'd like to get a lip kit, tint the windows, lower it and get some new wheels.

I would really like to get the all red taillights from a premacy but I don't know where I should be looking for those at.

Cheers and Have a day!

No Hate for Hyundais here...I've owned one 94 Scoupe, 96 Accent 4dr, 96 Accent GT, and a 98 Accent Gsi. Welcome to the the Mazda Forum

Hyundai hate would be a waste of time - my '98 Accent hatch is still my daily commuter. Welcome!

ahaha thanks guys. It's nice to know I'm not the odd man out here.

here's a pic of my 5 on day one.
IMG_0318-1.jpg

Here's a pic of my 2001 Elantra ( I won COTM on EXD with this pic)

attachment.php

I've spent a crap load of money on this car. Since there is little to no aftermarket support for them I've had to use parts from tiburons, accords, and nissans to get it where it is now.

'98 X3 Accent

Nice Elantra! Mine is the abused child of the family. 12 years of daily commuting, multiple road trips to the south and west coast, a little TSD rally, and occasional auto-x runs on weekends. Not a pampered life for my X3. This is what it looked like in September -

attachment.php

The clean look of your 5 with no side mouldings, and no fender turn signals, I could see getting the mirrors with the signals. Nice black canvas for future mods.

Attachments

• X3_Sep_19_2010.jpg
    X3_Sep_19_2010.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 576
Last edited:
These are two of the Accents I've had
3562880021_large.jpg

3562880019_large.jpg

3562880005_large.jpg

3562880007_large.jpg

BTW nice Elantra and Accent....at first glance I thought it was a GSi when I saw the yellow Foglights

Last edited:
I think I remember yours from one of the Hyundai forums - or at least someone posting pics of them. Were you on the Hyundai Tuner site or the old Hyundai Connection? Mine is a Canadian Accent 'Sport'. We lost the GT DOHC after 1997, and the Sport was basically a GT w/o the twin cam motor. The GSi came for the first time in 1999 here for the last year of the X3 chassis. Mine has a custom 1-off camshaft (262 degree) from Catcams/JRP, SR big bore throttle, Apex springs, Eurorotor F1 discs and pads, Sparco & SR tower braces, and the rest was custom. It is starting to get 'tired', but holding up well considering what we have put it through. That pic was its first auto-x in years, and it finally started blowing oil out the valve breather after the last run of the day. I fabbed up an oil catch can, and it is ready for some more runs in the spring.

I actually was on HyundaiTuner.com ..I was Kid Hyundai. you cant see it but both cars have the Hyundaituner.com decals...lol. Small world...I was actually in the guy that started HyundaiTuner.com's wedding in NH like 6 years ago...we actually still talk occasionally. We both have moved on from Accents but when we talk we still talk about owning one again...lol

Ha ha! Yes, small world indeed - and I do remember you from there! I check in on the Hyundai sites from time to time, Shaun (sp?/Kaotik) posted on H.P.com a while back that he was looking for another one. I think if it finally gives up, I will swap the goodies into a gutted '98-99 non-sunroof model to make it as light as possible. For now, this one just won't die!

Mind you - as long as we are still making payments on the 5, that is a very good thing...

Yep Kaotik himself...Shaun Nelson. I Havent been on HP.com in years. I loved my Accents but I love my 5 100 times more! I drove my friends Accent GT the other day and it just seemed weird...Shifter was super sloppy and the throws were frickin long and the windshield just seemed to be right there....But if I had the chance to take it off his hands...I'd rip his arm off...lol
38297570019_large.jpg

Ah, I forgot about the sloppy X3 Boat-Oar shifter. My wife was in Australia the year after we bought ours, and brought me back a genuine Paul Pickett Racing (HVE) shortshifter for mine. I added bronze bushings to take up even more of the slop. Still feels great after 275000 km!

Holy thread hi-jack Batman!

lol Thanks for the jack guys!!!

Some very nice x3's there though. I am working on getting another x3 shell to do my 3rd beta swap.

You can pick up a running example just about anywhere for about $500... Add an "As is" $500 Tiburon or Elantra, and a weekend of work, and you have a fun winter beater. Almost as much fun as my B16 swapped Civic, but no where near as much fun as my beloved 1988 323 GTX!

I have done 2 beta swaps into lc accents 2000-2002. I did the first one over the winter. The second one I did in 2 days. The x3 swap is a cake walk everything is plug and play. The only thing I would do there is use a Beta ii engine and convert it from maf to map based and be done. In my lc I had it gutted and it weighed in at 1789 lbs with me in it and a full tank of gas. I ran a 12.725 at the track with it. Completely bone stock aside from the better engine. I could have gotten it to low 12s high 11s with some mods and a 50 shot.

I have done 2 beta swaps into lc accents 2000-2002. I did the first one over the winter. The second one I did in 2 days. The x3 swap is a cake walk everything is plug and play. The only thing I would do there is use a Beta ii engine and convert it from maf to map based and be done. In my lc I had it gutted and it weighed in at 1789 lbs with me in it and a full tank of gas. I ran a 12.725 at the track with it. Completely bone stock aside from the better engine. I could have gotten it to low 12s high 11s with some mods and a 50 shot.

Wow that's awesome!

Back