Protege MAM TURBO MANIFOLD LOOKALIKE

It looks like it would have nice flow for the better part, but whats the quality of the metal?

Good ??? But damn I might get 1 $549 Lifetime warranty but I sent question to seller why are the manifolds 3 different prices unless the manifold have different steels being used

looks alright... .110 stainless or .140 mild steel. i think thats industry standard for setups like this... can anyone with a custom EM tell us?

most expensive one was stainless ceramic coated
second most was mild steel ceramic coated
cheapest was mild steel uncoated

looks alright... .110 stainless or .140 mild steel. i think thats industry standard for setups like this... can anyone with a custom EM tell us?

Just the downpipe and look like the stock MSP oil and coolant lines will work fine I will ask sell.T2/25 or T3 flange it says. This might actually be a hit if slanting the manifold a lil more allowing us MSP owner to have a 3in dp with little mods :)

Its out of utah, it may be from the same people from MAM. MAM moved to utah just before all the crap happened.

what exactly happened to MAM? it all went down before i showed up. and all i can find are "MAM owes me ____" threads.
from what ive pieced together - they took on too many orders, started losing money, then shut it down without telling anyone and kept collecting checks. how far from the truth is that

Looks pretty nice. I think I have seen that before actually. Hard to say if it is actually good quality though. That's one of those deals where I would tell another member to buy it and let me know if it is any good LOL.

I don't trust it. For that money, I'd get the Steedspeed.

Mispelled cheap in subtitle (NOT CHEEP JUNK!!), 3 different sales with $225 difference in price, EGR bung looks like s***, never heard of TCHARGED Performance, it's on eBay, welds don't look that great in my opinion.

yeah theres a few warning signs. not the best welds ive seen for sure.
gains on the steedspeed versus a tubular mani is more than likely going to be the determinant for me - and if the tubular ones are supposed to be better, i wouldnt be surprised if i get try one of these when (or if) i ever get a job. so maybe ill be a guinea pig in... uhh... july?

edit: says it requires a custom downpipe... did the MAM / SLS? (whoever made it)

Last edited:
I didn't know MAM made manifolds that looked like that. I though they all looked like this:

m4.jpg

And the runners look bigger then the Ebay manifold.

the bullhorn mani was part of the thumper kit i believe, it was not a direct replacement for the msp mani

MAM made a bunch of different manifolds. This one looks like the "sleeper" bullhorn design. It would not surprise me if these are the guys who bought the jigs. Beau did end up selling them.

the bullhorn mani was part of the thumper kit i believe, it was not a direct replacement for the msp mani

No. The Thumper was a totally different manifold.

Like the attached pic, which is in my car ;)

Attachments

• thumpermani.jpg
    thumpermani.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 993
Last edited:
Back