Winter Rims

Quickbeam

Hello,

I live in Vancouver British Columbia and plan on purchasing a Mazda 5 in the next couple of months. I have noticed a few Mazda 5's on the road around here with very plain, black rims on them. This is for all 4 wheels. I am assuming they have mounted winter tires on different rims and changed all the rims at the same time to avoid any salt, etc. damage to the stock rims. Can anyone tell me what rims these would be and where they might be purchased. If they are from the dealership, I will try and work out a deal when I purchase the vehicle. Thanks.

Try to find proteg5 wheels instead, in 16" they really go cheap. I bought mine here in Qubec for 160$ (set of 4)
Mazda5wintermode001.jpg

if you have any questions PM me...

So Protoge wheels are 16" - I get that.

I'd actually prefer 16" steelies vs. some lame stock Mazda wheels. I like looking a bit different.(yippy)

Does ANY Mazda come with 16" steelies & hubcaps or should I search Craigslist for 5x114 steelies.

michael.

Hello,

I live in Vancouver British Columbia and plan on purchasing a Mazda 5 in the next couple of months. I have noticed a few Mazda 5's on the road around here with very plain, black rims on them. This is for all 4 wheels. I am assuming they have mounted winter tires on different rims and changed all the rims at the same time to avoid any salt, etc. damage to the stock rims. Can anyone tell me what rims these would be and where they might be purchased. If they are from the dealership, I will try and work out a deal when I purchase the vehicle. Thanks.

You could try tiretrends.com. They are in the lower mainland I think. I ordered tires and wheels from there and had them shipped to Sask. They'll have rims at a cheaper price than mazda

Fastwheels - Replika rims.

These are the 17" wheels we got for ours last fall. The tires are Nankang SV1 winter tires. We have been pretty happy with them. The wheels are a direct bolt-on (no centering rings - proper hub-centeric fit), and use standard Mazda lug nuts.

Attachments

• M5snows1.JPG
    M5snows1.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 234
  • M5snows2.JPG
    M5snows2.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 212
Steelies

WalMart and Canadian Tire sell 16s for about $55. The dealer charges about $65 but you should get at least a 10% discount if you bought your car there.

I have seen a few comments about hub-centric vs. lug-centric wheels on this site. You want hub-centric wheels unless you like chasing vibrations.

I bought 16" hub-centric steels from WalMart for my Audi A4 and they look like new after six winters. Tires are your choice but I have always had good luck with Canadian Tire Nordics. My Audi set cost me $540 total, wheels, tires and taxes AND CT tires have great road hazard warranty.

You could try tiretrends.com. They are in the lower mainland I think. I ordered tires and wheels from there and had them shipped to Sask. They'll have rims at a cheaper price than mazda

Yup. That's were I got my 16" steel wheels and snow tires from. They're located Maple Ridge.

Back