Hahn '08 Cobalt SS Turbo 13.2 @ 104

The SRT4 Caliber was poised to kick everyone's ass and the lil Cobalt was the punch no one saw coming. :)

That's an awesome time and trap. I kinda laughed knowing the car was out for what....2 months and they have s*** for it already? I bought my car and had to wait 3 MONTHS for the stupid MAZDASPEED intake. (lol)

at 22psi i would hope it would run that..

Yeah that's the only way it did that with just a reflash. Because there's no friggin way a catback is going to help that much. It's kinda impressive but similar times can be had with the ms3 with the boost turned up. Guys have run traps in the 110 range as well. I don't know why the ms3 guys are so worried.

I like the Cobalt over all the other competition though. It's a bargain and we can't deny the engine/ecu is probably easier to deal with. Mazda needs to make their ms cars more aftermarket friendly. The ms3 is a step in right direction but they really need to take a look at VW, Dodge and Chevy.

Hopefully we can get more tuning software on board with the MS3's to get a really good tune out of the car. As swamp stated seemed like the cobalt is gonna get alot of support faster then the MS3 lol.

Last edited:
wicked run AND it handles. I like the looks. The interior is not MS3 quality but If I was looking for a sporty coupe under 25K, it would be the SS/TC. If I was shopping for a hatch, it would be the MS3. I don't find the 4 door cobalt attractive.

The launch control and no lift shift gimmick sure does help. - I personally wouldn't buy a car like that because to me it takes the skill / fun out of driving. You basically just floor it the whole way - lame! I noticed a lot of members like to flame people on here because they have an opinion about other cars, this to is lame. It's pretty sad when a lot of members feel like they have to apologize before they make a post out of fear of being insulted because of their opinion. Just the way I’ve been seeing it on here (lurk)

No it's just alot of ms3 owners are getting too cocky. Just like in the past with srt4 owners.

Some of them talk s*** about the cobalt just because it may be faster than their cars.

It's all about growing up and not thinking your too cool just because you have a nice/quick ass car. Every car can be just as fast as EVERY car if it's modded right and thats the truth.

Srt4 owners like to pick on the msp's. One tried to race me one day, an 05 with lsd BTW, since he thought he would win. After I beat him with not even that many mods, he was put in his place. Just goes to show you that any car can be as fast as any car.

No it's just alot of ms3 owners are getting too cocky. Just like in the past with srt4 owners.

Some of them talk s*** about the cobalt just because it may be faster than their cars.

It's all about growing up and not thinking your too cool just because you have a nice/quick ass car. Every car can be just as fast as EVERY car if it's modded right and thats the truth.

Srt4 owners like to pick on the msp's. One tried to race me one day, an 05 with lsd BTW, since he thought he would win. After I beat him with not even that many mods, he was put in his place. Just goes to show you that any car can be as fast as any car.

Yes you can through enough money into almost any car (IE, civic hatch plus 5k= 11’s, etc) and make it fast but that's not my point. What I'm saying is that members are getting flamed for expressing their opinions; this doesn't mean they're cocky necessarily. I’m not seeing members saying the MS3 is the best thing ever or that they’ve beaten Z06’s, Porsche 911’s, etc; they’re talking other cars in the 25k and under sport compact class which is how it should be as the MS3 wasn’t meant to be compared to other cars outside of this category but it still happens because of the cars unprecedented power & over all performance in it’s price range. Besides who gives a damn if someone is cocky on the internet? I mean is this really grounds for someone to get their e-feelings hurt? You can call me cocky or whatever if you want but I’ve yet to see another car costing fewer than 25k that is a better value than the MS3, this includes this New Cobalt with all its fancy gimmicks that do the driving for you.

Both cars are quick. I prefer mine as to me it looks better. Mod for Mod the MS3 has proven to be quicker. We had guys with CAI, MBC, Test Pipes hitting 12's at this stage.

With that in mind, I prefer my MS3 over the SS based on the simple truth that GM cars are typically a POS. But that's me.

Speaking of so called competition. Where the hell are the SRT4C's at? I live in an area where I have seen 5 to 1 of the new STi's compaired to the SRT4C's. I guess dodge flopped with making a Fast Mini-Van. I have seen ONE SRT4C in the past 6-8months and it even had dealer plates. I have not seen one yet with actually registered plates. Anyone else?

Last edited:
Both cars are quick. I prefer mine as to me it looks better. Mod for Mod the MS3 has proven to be quicker. We had guys with CAI, MBC, Test Pipes hitting 12's at this stage.

With that in mind, I prefer my MS3 over the SS based on the simple truth that GM cars are typically a POS. But that's me.

Speaking of so called competition. Where the hell are the SRT4C's at? I live in an area where I have seen 5 to 1 of the new STi's compaired to the SRT4C's. I guess dodge flopped with making a Fast Mini-Van. I have seen ONE SRT4C in the past 6-8months and it even had dealer plates. I have not seen one yet with actually registered plates. Anyone else?

That's a good question! I've only seen one in person(uhm)

cobalts in my opinon are the most uncomfortable car ever to sit in i rented one once when my car was in the shop it was horrible

"Our very first Eco-effort won the prestigious GM Design Award at SEMA, an impressive 12-second, stock engine EcoCav show car that ran 12's with our bolt-on TurboSystem. We haven't looked back since, with more records and firsts than all others combined."

Edit: I guess it's now in the 12s and not 13s.

Attachments

• P1010217.jpg
    P1010217.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 126
Nice work on chevy's part they built a good car. Props to get this thing fast in so little time.

They cant sell that new SRT4, know several peeps at Dodge dealers and the dealerships are trying to get out of thiers sales contracts on them. Cobalts are still Caveliers, day late/dollar short. A company like GM/Chevrolet should have written the compact sport era. Instead, they are several years behind just getting in to it in response to a huge loss of market share. Dodge on the other hand, who knows what they were thinking... An SRT Cobalt? You can put a turbo on a POS and it is still a turbo charged POS. HOWEVER, with employee discounting you cant beat the pricing of these two manufacturers over Mazda. Demand is making Mazda very errogant and hard to deal with. looking to turn my 07 CX7 in come November and just not sure I am going to drive out in another Mazda. Will be the first time in almost 6 years we wont have a Mazda other than my speed. It is a shame.

I think the caliber srt4 has a very, very stout engine stuck in a terrible vehicle. Not sure what they were thinking when the decision was made to go forward with it.

the platform the caliber is on, is also used across dodge and jeep as well. The reason behind it is economic. Unfortunately that leaves zero space in the chrysler lineup for an actual small car.

who cares about chevy... where is toyotas ******* sports car?!

there just about the only car manufacturer without a sports car in their catalog.

Latest posts

Back