Adding some Boom to my 5

Those of you who are on this forum and the mazda 5 forum on mpvclub.com (it's down at the moment!) know that the stock stereo is seriously lacking in audio quality. Following Kid Red's lead I've started building a custom sub enclosure. It fits in the storage compartment on the right side of the trunk (maybe .5 cu ft if that) This is my second attempt (see the thread on mpvclub.com.

It can be done. I have a to now sand off the black paint (looking for the lowspots and imperfections!) and the hard part, trying to find an 8" sub in Toronto! nearly impossible!

Attachments

• box1.jpg
    box1.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 185
Adding some boom boom to the zoom zoom, eh? The box is looking pretty good. Keep us updated how it turns out.

While I have 100% aftermarket (including a 12" sub) in my Sunfire right now, I've decided I'm going to keep my 5 stock. I've already lost enough of my hearing by age 23, I gotta save what's left so I can hear my grandchildren talk some day :)

mazdaFIVEmike said:
Looking good...

When do you start taking orders!!!???

Hey, I would but I'm very allergic to working with Poly resin! Limiting my working time. Though If I were to do it again, I think I could do it in half the time!

Learned alot along the way ( helps watching shows like Overhaul'in, etc.!)

Kid Red's been a great source of info and inspiration!

one of the first plans for my 5, redo the speakers, add a sub and 2 amps. from the factory stereo. just a little upgrade from whats there now.

Kid Red said:
Any luck finding a sub yet?

I decided to try an MTX 8" sub. I figured out that the box is just a hair under .3cuFT. I figure I can make it work with the MTX sub (cost and availability compromise) Should have it by this weekend and installed shortly there after

Back