P5 Center Console in a '00 DX

sorry to threadjack but does anyone know how to remove the plastic e brake cover off the e brake?? Im dying my interior black and that's one of the last parts I have left thats grey in my interior.

Back from the dead.

I just purchased a 1999 Mazda Protege ES centre console from a wrecker in Canada for my 1999 Mazda Protege. It has the centre arm rest that I really, really wanted. I bought one from a 1999 ES cause I wanted to make this swap as easy as possible.

Tampa, did you have to take out the front seats to get at all the screws to remove the old console? Was it a pain? Any other tips for me?

I didn't have to take any seats out. Slide the front seats as far foward as you can to get to the screws near the back.

That is good to know. Thanks for the help guys.....I really hate how my car doesn't have the centre console arm rest. This will solve that problem. Gotta love the wreckers as well, I only paid $50.00 CDN for it.

Installed my new console today. Looks sweet.....I love having that arm rest now.

mazpro said:
cool, post some pics.

Will do.....once I buy a new connector (not sure what the exact term is) that goes from my digital camera to my CPU. I seemed to have lost it.

TheMAN said:
wow, I didn't know you can hook up cameras straight to a pentium! cool!

Hahaha. You know what I mean dude. Hook up my camera to my computer.

Tampa, what kind of spacers did you use? I didn't order the new e-brake handle and mine is touching my new center console also. BAH.

Oh, the center tunnel is the same, but the 01-03 e-brake handles are shorter. That's the reason for the difference in clearance.

2k3 PrO RiDa said:
sorry to threadjack but does anyone know how to remove the plastic e brake cover off the e brake?? Im dying my interior black and that's one of the last parts I have left thats grey in my interior.

It is a real b****. You basically engage the ebrake and pull with all your strength and wiggle it side to side. Pulling straight up.

I did the console swap as well this weekend, but i got mine from a 02 LX. I got some longer bolts and used some washers as my spacers. I rasied the front of the ebrake about about 1.5" and the rear of the ebrake about 1", helping it clear. I'll post some pics of the finished product, after i find my USB cable for my carmera. The guy i got the console from gave me the matching ebrake cover, so eventally i'll get the shorter ebrake and swap out mine. I learned the hard way it was shorter. I took off my ebrake cover and tried to fit the 02 cover on. It was a b****, taking and putting back the cover.

hey are the pic from my swap.

Attachments

• 04012006(004).jpg
    04012006(004).jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 04012006(005).jpg
    04012006(005).jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 04022006.jpg
    04022006.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 99
Back