mazdaspeed with lip?

highfibermp5

:
02 silver mp5
First I'll tell a story.

I was sitting at a red light, when all of a sudden I was rear ended in my P5. The other driver then backed up to go around me and hit another car. He then bounced off that car and swerved into the front of my car. The guy then tried to get away. I followed until I got his license plate...dumb@ss.

Fast forward to my question.

Since I need a new front bumper, I was thinking of putting on the Mazdaspeed. I also have a cabonfiber lip for the P5 bumper from extreme dimensions. Will the lip fit on the Mazdaspeed bumper with out having to modify anything?

Thanks in advance.

I don't have the info ur looking for, but I'm sorry to hear abt the wreck. The cops get him? I hope so, I hate ppl that hit n run...I hope u get the damage paid for

EDIT: I just saw ur post count lol, welcome to the forum.

Well, I just got a copy of the police report and it stated that 30 minutes after the accident the guy reported his car stolen. The funny thing is, the accident was about a mile from the registered owner's house and I followed the "car thief" into the owner's neighborhood. I guess the "car thief" felt sorry for the guy he stole the car from and was gonna bring it back.

So now i gotta get a hold of one of my LEO buddies to see what i can do.

Stolen my @ss.

highfibermp5 said:
Well, I just got a copy of the police report and it stated that 30 minutes after the accident the guy reported his car stolen. The funny thing is, the accident was about a mile from the registered owner's house and I followed the "car thief" into the owner's neighborhood. I guess the "car thief" felt sorry for the guy he stole the car from and was gonna bring it back.

So now i gotta get a hold of one of my LEO buddies to see what i can do.

Stolen my @ss.
WTF!? That's some BUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Sorry that you got hit.

Regarding your question: the P5 and MSP/MP3 bumper only differ in the fact that the P5 bumper has sidemarkers and the MSP/MP3 does not. Your lip will fit fine.

the higher center section just below the airdam wont cause any fitment issues, besides leaving that slim opening?

i dont know what part your talking about but like pretzel said they are exactly the same except for two holes on either side where the side marker light things are.

do you mean this part? if you do thats another lip(2003.5) your going to have to remove but the 2003 MSP doesnt have that piece.

(thats meat wad. im really bored right now. yep, he drives an MSP, bet you didnt know that.)

Attachments

• a137.g.akamai1.JPG
    a137.g.akamai1.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 233
highfibermp5 said:
http://research.cars.com/go/crp/photoLarge.jsp;jsessionid=GN10Q4YWOD0OBLAZGJXJXKY?makeid=30&modelid=6788&year=2003&myid=4581&acode=&photoSize=&photoWidth=500&aff=

Thats the pic of the higher center section. And will my fog lights line up with the new openings? Thanks with putting up with all the questions but how else will I learn :)
Ahhhhhh, now I get it.

As DE31 said, that's just a lip. Separate part, different part #. I have one on my P5, in fact:
garage1a9te.jpg

That lip was only offered with the 2003.5 MSP.

pretzell, is your lip as low as an autoexe style lip or is it a little higher giving you a little more clearance as far as hitting dips and going up & down driveways? cuz I had the autoexe and i hit everything and i'm not even lowered yet.

highfibermp5 said:
pretzell, is your lip as low as an autoexe style lip or is it a little higher giving you a little more clearance as far as hitting dips and going up & down driveways? cuz I had the autoexe and i hit everything and i'm not even lowered yet.
It's much higher; one of the reasons I bought it over the autoexe style one. Clearance isn't that much worse than stock.

Pretzellogic said:
It's much higher; one of the reasons I bought it over the autoexe style one. Clearance isn't that much worse than stock.
All of you guys are starting to make me re-think my molded Auto EXE project....(boom07)

Thanks for the help everyone. Nice to find a forum where people reply with actual help rather than just bs. I may just get me the msp lip and sell the cf one.

highfibermp5 said:
Thanks for the help everyone. Nice to find a forum where people reply with actual help rather than just bs. I may just get me the msp lip and sell the cf one.
If I remember correctly, they're about $225 at the dealer. Part # 0000-86-C02-00.

Ken at protegegrarage.com could probably get it for you cheaper, but you'd have to pay shipping.

Back