water temp gauge sensor placing.

fal-31147.gif

I like that idea Brian... I might start including that with the Microtech's so that people can lower their fan temps...

That does sound like a good idea. Would the ECU complain that it cannot turn the fans on then? I wouldn't think it would because it is just sending the voltage to the fan to turn it on, but I don't know how smart the thing is.tytanium--Sorry man, I forgot to get snap them.....I'll definatly do it tonight!

The ECU doesn't have close looped checking on the fans, so it should be just fine. You could control the stock fan relay and you'd be set.

I personally am an advocate of tying both the AC and the Radiator fan together at all times... it makes a MASSIVE difference.

TurfBurn said:
The ECU doesn't have close looped checking on the fans, so it should be just fine. You could control the stock fan relay and you'd be set.

I personally am an advocate of tying both the AC and the Radiator fan together at all times... it makes a MASSIVE difference.

I think that's a good idea too. Here in AZ, I have temps in the 220's while in traffic, so it gets DAMN HOT here.

quick question. i'm outside wiring it and i need a answer: i'm grounding it right now and will any of the ground wire points work? i'm chosing the one by the sway bar top right of the battery. i'm also doing my AF gauge and am thinking about using that same spot. it's on teh brass bracket right next to the stock red sway bar next to the battery by the wiper motor i believe. good spot??

Any available patch of metal anywhere... any bolt... is good for a ground on the motor... (well 99% of the points)... a good one is if you see that little black square box right by the stock water temp sensor... that's the ignition capacitor... and right there is a small bolt holding down a set of wires on a strange clip... that's a ground grouping too.. and much closer to where you are.

alright thanks man. i'm trying to hook it all up today, atleast the wiring, before it rains, so then i get my pod pillar tomorrow all i have to do is plug it in. thanks on that quick response. back to work.

ok i just got done doing the all of the wiring in the engine bay. tomorrow when the pod comes in i will put the T in and hook up the wire to it. when i cut into that hose am i going to have to worry about radiator fluid rushing out at me? or will it be shut off with a valve or something? any input on that or how to stop it that'd be great.

Yup, it shouldn't be too much though. I didn't really loose a lot when I took the whole stock temp sender housing off, so you should be okay, just keep the cut end elevated and don't lick your fingers when your done!(thumb)

FL_PR5 said:
ok i just got done doing the all of the wiring in the engine bay. tomorrow when the pod comes in i will put the T in and hook up the wire to it. when i cut into that hose am i going to have to worry about radiator fluid rushing out at me? or will it be shut off with a valve or something? any input on that or how to stop it that'd be great.

Splush!

tytanium said:
Thanks for the tips, BT, I think I will be doing this this week. Can you post a picture with the location of where you tapped into the housing? Or at least hijack one of these pics and photoshop an arrow on it? THanks!!

Here's some pics of the sensor for ya.

Attachments

• Water temp sensor1.jpg
    Water temp sensor1.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 147
  • Water temp sensor2.jpg
    Water temp sensor2.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 137
ty bigg tim. i'm about to cut into the hose now, just waiting for it to cool some more. them be some mighty good fluid fingers (thumb)

and brian, for once you arn't helping. (pow)

alright just got done putting all that crap in. i lost quite a bit of fluid, and i know what you ment brian i was joking, both sides of the hose were bleeding so i tried clogging both ends. one side had a screw with a washer and the other with my good ol' thumb (thumb). but it did go in fine with some patience, which i had low of when fluid starting pooring on my hands.

so for this project i'll reccomend a buddy. 4 thumbs are better than 2. also if you can use gloves. i have a small case of chemical burn from where my hand was rubbing agains the metals in tight spots with warm fluid settling in on them. anyone know the best solution for this? also i heard you can't mix different color radiator fluids because they'll ruin the radiator? is that true? i lost some bit of fluid and more than likely will need to add some, i'll check again in alil once car has cooled down from test run. the stuff in my car is green and at my house i have prestone clear stuff, will that work? thanks for everyones help. i'll make a thread with pics and help credits.

alright it works and everything is fine. now i just checked it. i can see the metal in the radiator and it needs fluid. so can i just put prestone in there instead of flushing it or do i have to flush it?

Back