Blow through MAF

yea the BOV is already there .... my whole setup is custom, i have the IC>TB pipe going straight from the FMIC to the TB (goes through where the stock SMIC is)

the BOV is pretty much in the middle of the pipe ... cant really say exactly how far from the TB though =\

i'll see if there's enough room to put the bov on the turbo > IC pipe, then i'll have more than enough space left on the IC > TB pipe

with all that, how do i recirculate my bov ? i got rid of the stock BPV and am recirculating the bov into the intake ... if i do like azian6er and run open turbo, how will the car run without recirculation ? do the stalling issues regarding recirculation have anything to do with the MAF ? wondering if that would all change once the MAF is on the other side of things

my bov is abt 7 inches from the intercooler on the IC>tb pipe. then 6 inches after the bov is my maf, then abt 5 in from that is my xtra injectors.......which are abt 3 in from the tb

Ah yes!!! I have my extra injectors with rail coming from MPNick and I got my FMIC, hardpipes and HKS SSQ coming from Bulldog !!!!

joka1 said:
my bov is abt 7 inches from the intercooler on the IC>tb pipe. then 6 inches after the bov is my maf, then abt 5 in from that is my xtra injectors.......which are abt 3 in from the tb

here is a pic of my intercooler to tb pipe. it is blurry but you get the point

Attachments

• pipes done.jpg
    pipes done.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 180
joka1 said:
here is a pic of my intercooler to tb pipe. it is blurry but you get the point

cool thanks alot for the info and the pic.
i will most likely have to move my BOV closer to my IC

no, i have a rough idle and every once in a while it will stall at idle but i never have a problem with stalling after the bov goes off.....

Don't know if you can understand photo, but here it is...

~would this work, stalling problembs Any other issues

Attachments

• MAF loc.JPG
    MAF loc.JPG
    218 KB · Views: 157
See that!

turbo speedy said:
wow i just relocated mine. what a difference!!

Every time I come in and see a thread about moving the MAF I tell everyone DO IT!!!!!

As a matter of fact, I think it is the greatest idea ever thought of since sliced bread. I think everyone should do it and then do it 5 more times!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought you were the one guy that said the MAF sensor piece got bent, and that you went back to stock, and you were making it sound like it wasn't worth it. (scratch)

It did

peepsalot said:
I thought you were the one guy that said the MAF sensor piece got bent, and that you went back to stock, and you were making it sound like it wasn't worth it. (scratch)

It did lean my car out, but what I found was that if you lower the boost down to around 9 it seems to do extremely well. As for the vane, it is slightly bent, more so than it normally is supposed to be when compared to a normal 2.0 MAF I looked at from the junkyard.

But I did the unthinkable and poked at it and it is not broken so at this point I really don't know. But I once again am back on the "Move your MAF" campaign:)

can someone please show a pic of the blow through maf already in place..just need to c how far from tb....and what do i do bout the old location of maf??? ...please...pretty please...thanx :confused:

Here's my dirty engine. Mine's pretty far from the TB, but works great.

Attachments

• enginebay.JPG
    enginebay.JPG
    242.6 KB · Views: 179
Back