Help Me With These Rims!

Maxx Mazda

Resident Asshole
Contributor
:
Completely Stock P5
Well, 2 weeks ago I drove through an unavoidable section of the road that was cut out for construction, and ended up damaging 2 of my Axis NE-O rims. The construction sompany is buying me 2 new wheels and tires, but I'm thinking it may be time for a change of rims anyway. So I'm looking for a solid 5-spoke design (thick spokes) in white. Very similar to the NISMO wheels (made by Rays) that I found (pic below.) I have no idea where to even start looking for rims like this, which is a first for a guy like me. I'd like something with at least a 43 offset so I don't rub anymore, but I'm open to alot of suggestions as long as the style is somewhat similar to these. I also attached a pic of the car as it sits now so you can see what may be coming off the car. Thanks for any guidance you could give me!

4-5.jpg

http://www.msprotege.com/vbb230/attachment.php?attachmentid=46312

Last edited:
logo.jpg

logo.jpg

mazdaspeed japan! hehe too bad the offset wont fit

hmm gram lights? they look sick on red!

Thanks for all the help guys! I really like those Kazera KZ-A rims, but I wish I could find something exactly like that in white! I guess I could get the black ones and get the black painted white... But I'd like the durability of factory paint. Polished lip isn't too important to me on white, but it would look phat. Thanks for all the help, and if anyone has any other suggestions, please post them! So far the only rims I found available in white in that style are the Racing Hart C5's but they're a little too expensive. Wil la 205 tire fit on a 7.5" rim?

protege02 said:
max mazda is this too much for them. it's the same site as the enkei wheels i showed u, but that website also have alot of other wheels also. here is the link($880 for the c5's).

http://www.streetdreams.org/display.php?s=RH%20Evolution&r=C5&fin=White

Yo man, thanks alot! I'm allowed like $240 CAD per wheel, but the difference I can make up for, but I'm trying to stay as close to that number as possible. You think that white rims will look good on my car? I've got a red/white theme goin on, and my current rims are white and polished, but I hope white on red isn't too played out.

Maxx Mazda said:
Yo man, thanks alot! I'm allowed like $240 CAD per wheel, but the difference I can make up for, but I'm trying to stay as close to that number as possible. You think that white rims will look good on my car? I've got a red/white theme goin on, and my current rims are white and polished, but I hope white on red isn't too played out.

i see the white stripe along the side of your car. im not sure if an all white wheel will look nice or not because the headlights, hood, and windows are all tinted and painted black. i think a black wheel would look nice, but they are every where now. i say go for the red, black, and white look because i dont see that many cars with white wheels. i think a silver c5 wheel will look nice as long as the wheel cap has the red RH emblem on it, such as this celica. i think you should start with silver, and if you dont like it, then paint it to the color of your liking. here is the celica link. http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=142991

Ya man, I knwo what you're saying. The silver rims would look tight, but I'm really having wet dreams about my car with some phat white rims. I'm pulling that stripe off in favor of a thicker one this month, so hopefully that'll open things up a bit. All of my underhood work was done in red and white, so that's kinda the look I'm goin for. I'm lookin at those C5's in white, but also these Tenzo R RS-5's pictured below...

Attachments

• RS-5.jpg
    RS-5.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 718
Maxx Mazda said:
Ya man, I knwo what you're saying. The silver rims would look tight, but I'm really having wet dreams about my car with some phat white rims. I'm pulling that stripe off in favor of a thicker one this month, so hopefully that'll open things up a bit. All of my underhood work was done in red and white, so that's kinda the look I'm goin for. I'm lookin at those C5's in white, but also these Tenzo R RS-5's pictured below...

either wheel would look fine. i think your car looks great the way it is now.

protege02 said:
either wheel would look fine. i think your car looks great the way it is now.

Thanks man, but after having thsoe rims on for like 3 years now, it's time for a change...

hey nick...don't go black. i feel like black makes the car look "dirtier" and takes away from the classy look you got going on. meaning..less "clean" stick to a lighter colored wheel. the gram lights are a good choice. lightweight and looks good. the tenzo Rs5 looks like it can do the job. I'd go with those.

Ya Glen, called Contemp. today. Going with the RS-5's. Is Tenzo-R a good brand?

Remember also that different wheel manufacturers might have different offsets in terms of relativity. Tenzo's +43 could equal Axis' +45 or something like that. Kinda like shopping for clothes I guess.

So, here's an update. I can't get the Tenzo RS-5's in white, so I FINALLY decided on some Motegi RT5's in white. They're a 42 offset, so they should fit fine, and they're available in white. I've attached a pic, and now I'm just waiting until they arrive sometime 2 weeks from now.

Attachments

• Motegi RT5.gif
    Motegi RT5.gif
    152.7 KB · Views: 85
FunkyBuddha said:
Remember also that different wheel manufacturers might have different offsets in terms of relativity. Tenzo's +43 could equal Axis' +45 or something like that. Kinda like shopping for clothes I guess.

not at all. unless they use their own version of the metric system...

Back