Moly oil-forgive stupid question

Tkirwan

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT
Ok, I know there is a site that members recommend to get a moly oil change kit from, but for the life of me I can't remember/find the site! Could someone please give me the name again?
Thanks
Tammy

Med Center Mazda. They are a sponsor. Click the banner at the top of this page, :)

Ok, I know there is a site that members recommend to get a moly oil change kit from, but for the life of me I can't remember/find the site! Could someone please give me the name again?
Thanks
Tammy

The place to get it online has a giant banner on top of the page and is a sponsor of this site. :) Looks like they offer free shipping on order of 149.99 and above.
http://www.mazdaparts.org/mazda-oil-filter-moly-oil.html

the other place was oilchangekits.com but they have been down for "maintenance" for a while now.

Yeah, just searched the sponsor site, no oil. The site someone recommended was a kit with plug and filter for like $50 or $60. Just wish I would have bookmarked it! And they have kits with oil, filters and plugs for multiple changes too. And I think they had filter kits and spark plug kits too.

Last edited:
Yeah, just searched the sponsor site, no oil. The site someone recommended was a kit with plug and filter for like $50 or $60. Just wish I would have bookmarked it! And they have kits with oil, filters and plugs for multiple changes too. And I think they had filter kits and spark plug kits too.

Yeah, that was Med Center but they have redesigned their site and I don't see the oil or the kits that they used to have. Bummer.

The place to get it online has a giant banner on top of the page and is a sponsor of this site. :) Looks like they offer free shipping on order of 149.99 and above.
http://www.mazdaparts.org/mazda-oil-filter-moly-oil.html

the other place was oilchangekits.com but they have been down for "maintenance" for a while now.

I was all excited when I clicked on that link and it worked, but sad again when the yahoo store didn't work. Not sure if it's just a yahoo store issue, or if that site is basically been shut down.

That's the first place I checked but I couldn't find any motor oil on their site. If it's there and I couldn't find it someone speak up!

You can buy the Mazda 0W-20 with moly on Amazon for $9/qt. by the case with free shipping:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

This is the dealership I go to (AvondaleMazda). I'm going to see if I can use their parts coupon I got in the mail from them in addition to that pricing.

MikeM -- I just bought the Mazda oil from Med Center last month, but I believe I had to put in the part number for it to show up in the search. Good response and fast shipping from them. Since their free shipping is only for orders over $149, I bought 18 qts of oil ($6.45/qt), five filters, and five crush washers to qualify. That came to $151. ;-) Since we live in the same area, I'd be happy to split future orders with you to take advantage of free shipping.

MikeM -- I just bought the Mazda oil from Med Center last month, but I believe I had to put in the part number for it to show up in the search. Good response and fast shipping from them. Since their free shipping is only for orders over $149, I bought 18 qts of oil ($6.45/qt), five filters, and five crush washers to qualify. That came to $151. ;-) Since we live in the same area, I'd be happy to split future orders with you to take advantage of free shipping.

I'll private message you w/ my e-mail.

On the other hand, we could buy a 55 gallon drum of Mazda 0W-20 w/moly for $1200 and we would have enough oil to drive 350,000 miles!

Surprisingly, it's still $5.50/quart by the drum:

http://www.shopmazdaparts.com/oe-mazda/0000g50w20dm

We would need to buy a rotary hand pump too. Not worth the hassle of filling our own containers!

Using Chrome on OS X I get this.

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-04%20at%205.23.39%20PM.jpg

The additives in the 55 gal drum would settle out within 1-3 years. In addition; a 55 gal drum is tough to shake, if you want to remix the additives:)) Ed

Just placed an order on the .org address, the shopping cart was through yahoo and had no issue using firefox on a linuxOS.

Back