Request to call Mazda Corp: For Live Traffic

I had a 2013 with Tomtom and miss the traffic integration in the Atlanta area and will submit requests. I suggest you post request in M6, M3 and CX3 portions of this forum. There are other forums that are popular with the M3-M6 crowd.

E-mail sent. I'm not a fan of lawsuits, but I see no reason why I cannot complain (as I have twice already) when I was sold a product that is incapable of a performing a function as advertised.

I understand your feeling man...
This sucks, especially if you bought the car with that feature in mind.

Some people find it useless, but is not the point here. The point is that you were promised something and not given it.

Call Mazda Japan and ask to speak to Koichi Kawaguchi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dunno. I looked at the 2016 CX-5 Navigation Manual that came with my car, and the only reference to LIVE traffic is this one, found page 12.
Doesn't look to me there's much justification for legal action.

Shows the distance you need to travel on the route before
reaching your final destination.
Shows the estimated arrival time at the final destination of
the route.
If the navigation system is capable of receiving live traffic
information, the calculation takes into account traffic
delays affecting your route.

This estimation can be inaccurate at times.

I also looked at Mazda's website and couldn't find anything about Live Traffic alerts either.

Did I miss something?

Yes. They removed all mentions after the 2016's went on sale early last year. Early new gen (2014?) Mazda 3's had it and it was shut down and eventually removed via software update.

I believe Mazda initally thought it would be available again quckly when the newly updated CX-5 was released, but clearly they are in no hurry or have given up completely.

Request to call mazda corp: For live traffic

"COMPLETELY CONNECTED. EFFORTLESSLY ENGAGING.
Equipped with our most technologically advanced cockpit, the CX-5s capabilities reach even further than ever before. With available MAZDA CONNECT, our next-generation infotainment1 system, you get a host of social media access, entertainment and information options. All you have to do is pair your smartphone with the CX-5 via Bluetooth wireless connectivity to stream popular social media, music and infotainment apps such as Pandora, AhaTM and StitcherTM. Control the system and view information on the 7-inch full-color touch-screen display. Also enjoy access to standard USB audio input ports and an available factory-integrated navigation system with cutting-edge features such as voice command, real-time traffic alerts and advanced lane guidance. And even with all these options, we still help you keep your eyes on the road. All the functions displayed on your touch screen can also be operated with the multi-function Commander control, conveniently located at your fingertips on the center console.
"

This paragraph is on page 10 of the 2016 Mazda CX-5 sales brochure. Although we don't need this feature in our area most of time, but I simply hate false advertisement!

Excellent! My dealer gave me this brochure when I bought my 2016 CX-5 in July so now I have all the ammunitions to email Mazda.
Thanks much.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/musa2/pdf/brochures/2016/2016_Mazda_CX5_Brochure.pdf

Still downloadable directly from Mazda with this listed no less. Guess they missed that when removing it elsewhere.

Not to be a party pooper, but the disclaimer in fine print on the bottom of the last page of this brochure will probably protect Mazda in any legal action (and it's pretty standard in all auto literature).

IMHO your campaign to contact Mazda and get this moved up on their list of priorities is your best chance.

Good luck with your quest, they really should not advertise capability not delivered.

That said, most complaints and frustrations with new automobiles is the infotainment and automation tech. Most of this is rushed to market for competition sake, but not ready for prime-time. Working in technology, I have seen the mindset change over the years. Before widespread internet use, software and hardware had to be tested and sometimes delayed a year to two in beta to get the bugs out. The younger folks have changed the market by eagerly accepting half-baked technology (phones/computers/consumer electronics) to have the latest, allowing themselves to be beta testers and wait for downloaded updates.
This has migrated to the automobile market. Infotainment and anti-collision tech that doesn't work is the norm.

Completely unsatisfactory response to my email to Mazda Customer Care.

Dear Mr. xxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for taking the time to contact Mazda.

With regards to your concern, Live Traffic Services is not a feature currently available through the Mazda Connect System. Mazda is looking into other alternatives but there is not ETA as to when these type of services may become available.
In the meantime we do encourage you to access your vehicle's HD Traffic Map for traffic information. This service allows drivers the ability to see a local traffic map with green, yellow, and red flow patterns of the current conditions. Simply go to the Applications Menu in your Mazda Connect System.

http://hdradio.com/blog/first-mazda-vehicle-hd-radio-audio-and-data

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may be causing you but do appreciate your suggestion and have forwarded your request to our Product Planning team for further review and evaluation. Your feedback is very important as we are always looking for ways to continually improve our great products and services.

Last edited:
My response to Mazda's email

Hello,

Thank you for your response but I feel compelled to reply that it is not satisfactory. I was expecting an ETA for this missing feature.
I paid a 4 figure Premium for the Tech Package in my 2016 Grand Touring CX-5 and one of the advertised functionalities is missing. I consider this to be false advertising and I didn't expect a reputable Company like Mazda to use this kind of method to lure prospective Customers.
Suggesting that I use a Radio channel to receive traffic alerts is not the solution and I really don't need Mazda for bringing it up. My smart phone provides this functionality too but neither of them are integrated with my Navigation System which is precisely what I was sold by my dealer (and confirmed by your literature) and what I paid for.
Finally, I must bring to your attention that there is another Mazda vehicle in the household (a 2011 Mazda 3) and this episode will most certainly push us to reevaluate our loyalty to your brand.
Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited:
My response to Mazda's email

Hello,

Thank you for your response but I feel compelled to reply that it is not satisfactory. I was expecting an ETA for this missing feature.

(rlaugh) (rlaugh) (rlaugh) (rlaugh) (rlaugh) (rlaugh) (rlaugh)

Back