The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

I cast my vote for the easy swap.

I like the look of the new MX5 from every angle except the rear. Like Evan said I will wait to see it in the flesh before I make a final decision.

I like the look of the new MX5 from every angle except the rear. Like Evan said I will wait to see it in the flesh before I make a final decision.

My assessment exactly.

Still, unless it is a complete bust performance wise, I'd like to have one.

I'll buy your Mazda2 if you'll take payments, Jon. lulz. ;)

I only accept payments through PayPal (it's easy and secure!) from individuals over/at sea who are restricted from making calls (but can text) and are willing to buy the car sight-unseen for their uncle/father/son through the use of a pre-determined (by them) broker.

I actually do have someone with legitimate intent swinging by tonight to take a look at it. I just want it gone now. I haven't driven it since the cookout and it's starting to look sad (is that possible?) sitting in the driveway all this time.

Deal. I'll have my Nigerian prince buddy send you a text this afternoon and set up payments. Thanks! :)

The girls are getting acquainted, they'll be spending time together from now on.

Just came back from a drive (naughty)

had to change my pants ...

Picked up plates for the Silver MSP the other day. She is all legal and ready to go :)

Well, last night I broke down and bought a cordless tool kit from Ryobi. So far I'm seriously impressed with all the 18v Lithium Ion stuff. Now I can finally get some things done around the house I've been meaning to do.

The girls are getting acquainted, they'll be spending time together from now on.

Just came back from a drive (naughty)

had to change my pants ...

For serious? I'm jealous.

Please please please get an AP and let either Mark Gibson or one of the guys from freek tune, tune it. They're the only ones with real experience in tuning port injected mazdaspeeds

Last edited:
I actually do have someone with legitimate intent swinging by tonight to take a look at it. I just want it gone now. I haven't driven it since the cookout and it's starting to look sad (is that possible?) sitting in the driveway all this time.
Well that fell through. Got a call from the prospect around 3 PM saying she found something cheaper. I'm willing to negotiate but if she's fishing for me to throw out a lower price it's not gonna happen.

Well, last night I broke down and bought a cordless tool kit from Ryobi. So far I'm seriously impressed with all the 18v Lithium Ion stuff. Now I can finally get some things done around the house I've been meaning to do.
I got a whole bunch of those last year. I was resistant to cordless tools for so long (does anyone remember the old Ni-Cd batteries?) but have been shown the error of my ways. I've got a bunch now but my favorites are the drill/driver, light, and the impact driver. The latter is weak (they sell a beefier version) but has been invaluable with some of the stuck bolts and nuts on the RX7.

For serious? I'm jealous.

Please please please get an AP and let either Mark Gibson or one of the guys from freek tune, tune it. They're the only ones with real experience in tuning port injected mazdaspeeds

sigh... that's the plan, but I also need winter tires so we'll see how it goes at the restaurant, I'm working all weekend...

Well that fell through. Got a call from the prospect around 3 PM saying she found something cheaper. I'm willing to negotiate but if she's fishing for me to throw out a lower price it's not gonna happen.

I got a whole bunch of those last year. I was resistant to cordless tools for so long (does anyone remember the old Ni-Cd batteries?) but have been shown the error of my ways. I've got a bunch now but my favorites are the drill/driver, light, and the impact driver. The latter is weak (they sell a beefier version) but has been invaluable with some of the stuck bolts and nuts on the RX7.

About the 2? That's bull. Atleast she should throw some lowball number to begin talking, not fish like that.

As for the cordless, I've been looking to pick up a few corded tools lately, to save some money on their purchase. My dad has a Dewalt "20v max" which is a Li Ion 18 volt, and they work wonderfully. Consider the 30 minute battery charge time, and you can't go wrong. I ended up saving about 60 bucks over two corded tools. I didn't need another cordless drill, but hell, you can't go wrong having a spare.

Back