The Ohio Auto-X and Track Event chat thread

Possibly. I like the surface of Toledo, but that 2.5 hour drive, no shade and 3 runs is rough...

I called it quits with Toledo. The place is nice but unless its a special event I think it costs me too much to go out there for 3 runs

The 3 runs was due to a number of the locals getting ready for the Pro Solos that were coming up, along with prepping for National events. It was a two day event as well, I would just look at the number of entries to determine whether to enter or not.

I wouldn't expect the August event to be any less crowded, it is just a couple weeks before nationals.

I don't believe that I will be in for that one. PittRace is a tainted evil place that breaks axles.

But seriously, I'll be headed to Salt Fork for a much needed vacation.

How many laps do you get at the track cross?

NEOHIO was fun yesterday 6 runs and home by 3:30

I think I read you get about 6 runs at PittRace.

I wish I ran at Lakeland with you guys. I went to Lorain County Speedway to help instruct the OMS newbs and that place is pretty bad. Kinda glad I didn't bother driving.

I like NEOhio SCCA much more.

Last edited:
I will not run on any of those small bull rings there is to much risk of damaging your car, and we would have loved to have you at the NEOHIO event. Why don't the OMS peeps run with NEOHIO? Plenty of runs,laid back group.

I'm going to check the calendar and see if I can make it to the Pitt track cross, I think I'm in though.

Last edited:
I think since Marlon set up the NORA event to have an individual OMS run group it was more appealing to them. I'll try to get them to come out to PittRace and/or the NEOSCCA event at Lakeland on August 24th.

But since most of them have their two auto-x results for the year for Mazdaspeed Motorsports I'm not sure they will come to any more events. They all seemed to have a great time at the event on Sunday though. :)

I signed up for the NE Ohio event but two things prevented me from coming out. The big one being that I slept in till 830. The other one was that I had a check engine light that popped up on Thursday or Friday, couldn't remember when. Wanted to get it checked before running, even tho I'm sure it was something minor. Of course, the damn light shut off by itself before my appointment.

A number of them are new to auto-X are afraid of the unknown for the most part and intimidated as well. I think the core of the guys that ran yesterday will do more events, as they had a great deal of fun. I am sure I can get them to come out to NE Ohio events. It would be helpful, if they can have their own class/run group for the Novices of OMS. It would not be difficult to do that, just have them add an X or an O (OMS) to designate the group.

How many laps do you get at the track cross?

NEOHIO was fun yesterday 6 runs and home by 3:30

I think the run count is based on the number of cars fo rthe most part, but another plus, you don't have to work!

Back