Civic type R

woot woot

:
Mazda 2
Sorry...... was a lie there is no Civic Type R here

Just thought i would start a build thread since i got my Mazda 2 poverty spec Neo brand new from the dealership.

I guess i will give a back ground of some of the cars i have had over the years

Started with a Hyundai S coupe aka the lady getter.
So many ladies, so little time, with that animal packing a whole 78hp when new and when i got it had almost 58 donkeys as many of the horses ran away. This car served me well and was very cheap to run and never broke down on me, but i wanted power and then i made a stupid decision of buying a absolute s*** condition Toyota GT4 or alltrac as in USA.

It was beaten and in a bad way but thought i could fix it and would be amazing, soooo much for that idea. Basically sold it after fixing so many things on it and made a net loss close to 12k Australian after selling it. Was soooooooo bad, but i fixed it all, and had to sell it as i then hated to look at it.

dsc0247zw.jpg

imgp8751d.jpg

54352942790379056410719.jpg

imgp8297t.jpg

I then decide the hunt for a new car was needed and after looking at many cars, including a zzt231 celica and a Renualt Clio sport i decide to go this route and get a 2

I really liked the videos you guys had and the simple mods you did to make it handle very nicely and look great at the same time. I also like that fact that it should not break on me every month and require lots of money and time to fix.

So here is mine

Plans include Fortune auto coilovers but i think these will void my warranty so i think some simple eibach springs will have to do with the standard shocks or does anyone have any recommendations? Also first mod will prob be a B spec rear sway bar as it looks like it can be simply removed if i need to bring back to the dealer ship. Then will prob be a AWR dog mount to improve feel and also be removed easily if needed and some wheels and semi slicks as i plan to go auto crossing and track if i can.

aqbo.jpg

1i44.jpg

c8zy.jpg

epli.jpg

nuxa.jpg

tiv2.jpg

I got a boot tray and a rear apron boot protector thingy with it also.

I will probably try get some aluminum pedals and foot rest from the UK as they have that as a option.

Thanks for looking

Thank you Chumlet much appreciated. Since you were first to post on my thread, i now elevate you to number ONE fan!!!!!

73g0.jpg

Any way a more serious question for people.
What is the main differences between the Corksport rear torsion bar and the TRI- point rear sway bar. I am not sure what advantages or cons of both. Can anyone enlighten me please???

Any way a more serious question for people.
What is the main differences between the Corksport rear torsion bar and the TRI- point rear sway bar. I am not sure what advantages or cons of both. Can anyone enlighten me please???

I have the Corksport bar. From what I understand the Tri-point bar is larger and adjustable. It also may have some clearance issues with your evaporator box.

Thanks for the info. Can i ask what you mean by evaporator box? I never herd of that and kinda unsure what it is. Is it part of the exhaust system or am i unaware of something under there?

I don't really know, and maybe I'm calling it the wrong thing, but it's the box mounted under the back of the car above the rear suspension.

The "evap box" is a part of the emissions system.. if that's actually what it is lol. I'm pretty sure it is though. Also, the Tri-Point bar attaches at different points on the rear torsion beam, than the Corksport bar. You can actually use both, if you really wanted to.

Thanks for the info.

Is it visible in any of these pics and there is not much above it that i can see.

553e.jpg

3qzv.jpg

l7wp.jpg

p52d.jpg

mjx4.jpg

ik2p.jpg

Sorry if some of the pics cover the same area lol

Ugh. I don't know anymore. At first I was thinking the gas tank was in the foreground, but I guess that's just the well for the spare tire. Maybe they don't have it in Australia?

Thanks for the info.

Is it visible in any of these pics and there is not much above it that i can see.

l7wp.jpg

Sorry if some of the pics cover the same area lol

It should be right where the little circle is on the Spare tire well...Just rear of the Torsion Beam.

It looks like your car does not have it, maybe because it is Au Spec or Euro Spec? Anyway you do not have it mounted (at least not in the same place)

So, as they say in your country... no, worries mate!

^^^^ MMMM DAT ASS
I need to do some hula hoop to get my hips like that, or like Shakira's because they apparently don't lie.

Thanks for all the info guys. Much appreciate it

LOL yeah no worries mate :)

Looks like i will get the Tri engineering bar then. Then remove it if need to run back to mazda. Is it annoying to install? Looks like remove the rear shock lower bolt and let the springs unload then put in sway bar in, then put back it all.

Will it require me to swear a lot? I have done normal McPherson swaps struts but never torsion beam

Chris_Top_Her..... You win best Signature. I'm a moderator here, so it's kind of official.

Also, it is pretty easy to swap the suspension. Unbolt, and bolt up. Nothing is complicated.. this car was the first car I ever installed coilovers on, and it was easy. Fronts will take more time than the rears, but they aren't complicated. Rears are SUPER easy. :)

Nope..No swearing...Just like you stated. Remove the lower shock bolts (do one side at a time) remove the spring and slide the Tri point plate under the lower spring seat, pop the spring back in and repeat on other side. Then attach the bar ends on the studs and adjust it to 1.5 turns...You are good to go..

And you do not have an evap box, so no clunk noise for you...although it will kink the muffler..I'll snap some pics of mine this weekend so you can see what is needed to clearance a muffler around the bar.
If you are just looking to stiffen up the rear beam and not get any toe change, the RB bar is a better choice albeit not as stiff and non adjustable, but does not have clearancing issues with the muffler.

Last edited:
Cool thanks. I look forward to seeing the pics :)

I would rather not have any visible sign i have had it on the car, especially if it dents the muffler. That was what i was debating about since the CS bar just fills in the hollow part of the torsion beam.

The corksport bar is beautifully simple. Sometimes I think it'd be nice to have the beefier racing beat bars on the car, but then I realize how great the car handles now and that stiffer bars will induce more NVH and worse gravel/dirt road handling. Its one of the many ongoing arguments inside my head.

Back