The PlastiDip Thread

Pretty much is the "Home Depot" lip, but I got it from this website http://ezlip.com.
It come with double sided tape already applied to it... I would recommend getting it.

4428D407-F38D-4B08-BBD3-53734C5F95A5-44500-00001922A48446D1.jpg

D88242CD-CA8E-4C18-AE96-8DDE3606D8C0-44500-00001922965C7408.jpg

Ill just toss in my prep procedure.
I washed/clayed/waxed the car before i applied the mattewhite plasiti-dip.
Also when you dip, if you watch the "dipyourcar" videos, you can see that when he applies the dip he sprays a pretty good amount on there (semi thick layer) which makes it looks super wet, and that's how you'll get the smoothest and cleanest look for the plastidip. If you spray very light layers of it, it'll come out super rough looking almost like sandpaper or something.

Also when you have the car clayed and waxed before you spray, the dip comes off MUCH easier. I tested my rear bumper before i dipped the whole car and i definitely encourage the pre-wash/clay/wax before dipping the car.

I'm pretty satisfied with the results that I got with the car. I had to order more paint to do my lip and finish the roof, but the majority of the car is done nicely :)

Last edited:
yea i dipped it white. It's not completely flat and matte looking. its semi glossy! it looks good, washing it is super easy too.

Rico that looks different without a rear wiper.

Picked up a buddy of mine's rims for dirt cheap ($80 is what he paid for them and that's what he wanted), hopefully going to paint them like azuelke did...but black instead of gold...I will post pics of the process once its started

I'm probably going to PlastiDip my Rays wheels black too. I just can't rattle can expensive wheels. heh-heh.

conditioning it before drawing
IMG_3078.jpg

first round of chalk
IMG_3084.jpg

second round
IMG_2254copy.jpg

Works great and everyone had a blast drawing on it. Cleans up real nice with water and a rag, also you can use diluted vinegar to make it really back to the original black!
*remember this is plastidip under chalkboard paint!*

how many of you have tried peeling off the plastidip from parts of the body? i want to do my roof but id like to know how easily it does come off when needed

how many of you have tried peeling off the plastidip from parts of the body? i want to do my roof but id like to know how easily it does come off when needed

All of the videos I have seen have showed it peeling off quite easily. Just make sure to do prep your roof with a good washing.

i dipped my front bumper and peeled it off just because a few people didnt believe me.
taking it off is like trying to take off a pair of pants that are way too tight on you.
it comes off but not without a good tug.
the thicker you apply it the easier it is to peel off

maybe ill dip my wheels over winter then! and might dip my roof white :) gotta mock it up in photoshop

make sure you clay and wax the area you will be dipping, it all came off on my bumper in one big easy peel, when i test dipped it in black.

any idea how many rattle cans it may take to do the roof? or center of the hood? only issue i have with the hood is that im getting some rust at the bottom corner of where id paint, so id have to prep that up in some way. I was originally just going to have the whole hood repainted this winter and have the now developing rust on wheel wells tackled. ill figure something out!

Back