Mazda5 Interior / Cargo Flexibility Photos

^^^ Whoops I probably should've put some foam or at least towels as per your suggestions, luckily nothing broken!

A few 10' lengths of baseboard... also had 8' lengths of door casing through the middle although I took it out before I took this photo.
DSC03728.jpg

What rims are those 5phreak? And side profile shots of the 5 with these rims?

I don't remember what they are... it's been 4 years since I bought them. Speed Edition? Ya, I think that's what they are. What specific model though I don't know. There should be a side shot of it in the "Winter Wheels Thread". Up until this spring I've only used them in winter. But now the stock wheels are kind of knackered so I put summer tires on them.

2076714360_5d7d74834f_b.jpg

Last edited:
Sport Edition, maybe? That's kind of a "house brand" for Tire Rack, I believe. Is that where you got them?

They do look nice.

Good job on the couch BTW! :)

^^ thanks, I saved an $85 delivery charge which darn near turned on the girlfriend. She is so frugal.

oh, by the way, if you peeps don't already have adjustable length bungies in your 5, get some. You can see them in one of the pictures. They work great. Better than rope, at least for this application.

^^ thanks, I saved an $85 delivery charge which darn near turned on the girlfriend. She is so frugal.

oh, by the way, if you peeps don't already have adjustable length bungies in your 5, get some. You can see them in one of the pictures. They work great. Better than rope, at least for this application.

Excellent job referring to your GF as 'frugal' and not 'cheap'; you are obviously very wise!

I did fit two 8' doors through the middle of my Mazda and was able to close the back hatch. All seats up for great support. Saved $60 I believe. My wife too is frugal. This allows more money to be put into my road racing bike. The pedal type that is.

We got a queen size bed from ikea in the car, along with three kids in car seats, and two adults up front. All with the hatch closed.

Ikea (foam) queen size mattresses are basically rolled and compressed to hell so it'll fit into a typical trunk of the car and a frame will fit through the middle. I can see it being inside the car. :)

Hauled a 7 cubic foot chest freezer with the 2nd row seats up; sorry, forgot to take pictures. Times like this I love this vehicle!

Thanks, everybody, these pictures are very helpful. I'm looking at a 5 for a second family vehicle and my primary commuter (80 mile highway round trip...)- I haven't found anything else that seems to fit the bill for what we need, so I think I'll be buying one pretty soon. I used to have an 05 3 hatchwagon that I liked a lot, so I think I know about what I'm getting into.

full size couch

Nice

Thanks, everybody, these pictures are very helpful. I'm looking at a 5 for a second family vehicle and my primary commuter (80 mile highway round trip...)- I haven't found anything else that seems to fit the bill for what we need, so I think I'll be buying one pretty soon. I used to have an 05 3 hatchwagon that I liked a lot, so I think I know about what I'm getting into.

Cool. The Mazda5 won't drive like a Mazda3, but very close and much better than any other people mover around (or even sedans), that is a fact.

My Mazda 5 stock drives and handles much better than my modified Corolla. Nuff said.

I took our daughters camping so the 9 year old could hit a youth mtb clinic this weekend. 2 bikes on back, 1 on top, tons of stuff inside and still got 26+mpg.

I have enough bike mounts now to get 3 on top with 2 on the hitch rack, so first trip with all 5 of us with bikes I'll get a pic of that too.

btw, 8'8" to top of the 24" bike on top---9' clearance is for the side angled supports but we were fine anyway.
IMG_2668.JPG

Here it is with 4 bikes on and 1 trail-a-bike inside after we did a family trail ride.

m5.jpg

Last edited:
Not amazing, but still fun. We put all but one seat down, and took the dog, the boy and the boy's bike down to my folks' house for the weekend. While down there, we moved the boy to one of the back row seats, put my folks in the middle, and left one 3rd row seat down for the dog and my dad's horn. What a versatile vehicle! :D

IMG20110704192611-L.jpg

Attachments

• IMG20110704192611-L.jpg
    IMG20110704192611-L.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 289
Back