Confused???

B00ST

So I am not to familiar with Mazda's, I come from a Mitsu and Subaru backround but always thought these cars were cool so I picked one up. I was recently talking to a few people and I was told that the Mazdaspeed never came in a burgandy color so I have been doing alot of research. So basically my question is this a real Mazdaspeed or a coversion and what are some easy ways to tell? Here are some pics

005-12.jpg

006-10.jpg

002-14.jpg

003-14.jpg

004-12.jpg

001-4.jpg

conversion... the antenna... a REAL MSP has it built into the rear window.

Here is a list of mods in the engine bay that I can see. I'm not sure on the exhaust mani... maybe a MAM mani?

corksport rad
turbolife FMIC
HKS SSQ BOV
Weapon-R torque damper,
vibrant vac block
corksport strut bar?
krank vent (pricey little bastard)
MS oil cap.
Tail EWG
AEM CAI
HIDs
SS oil lines

Last edited:
Thank you, yea the car has alot of quality parts on it thats why I am so confused why someone would put this much into a normal Protege? It also has a Microtech LT10 ecu,TWM short shifter,they are actually cusco front and rear strut bars,progress sway bars, GT spec trailing arms and H-brace, Tokiko blues but I forget what brand springs?
HIDs

How much you think the car would be worth? IT also has a Spec stage 3 clutch, and lightweight flywheel. The car has like 96k miles

How much you think the car would be worth? IT also has a Spec stage 3 clutch, and lightweight flywheel. The car has like 96k miles

it really all depends on the buyer.. most people are afraid to buy a modded car so thus that brings the value down for the average joe.

Do you know if the motor is forged? How much boost is it running?

Where at in PA are you?

Did u buy it from a guy in NJ? If so it's forged, because like last year I meet up some someone from NJ at wall speedway when formula drift was in town and it looked just like that!

Where at in PA are you?

Did u buy it from a guy in NJ? If so it's forged, because like last year I meet up some someone from NJ at wall speedway when formula drift was in town and it looked just like that!

Yea his name was Diego, he told me it has CP pistons, Oliver Rods, and ACL bearings. It is at the body shop now getting the bumpers re-painted cause they were all chipped up and it is getting a new tune for better street driving

Wow, that's impressive!

The antenna, the amber sidemarkers, and the unpainted sideview mirror support-pillar-thingies gave it away for me .. but then there's also the fact that it seems to have an 03 front end, but an 03.5 back end. But an impressive conversion nonetheless!

Any pics of the interior? That would also be a dead giveaway.

The interior is def not Mazdaspeed, the seats are black with blue graphics. It does have the Mazdaspeed door sils though.

Yep! I meet the old owner of your car, his SN Is... Hm... Lol can't remember. But I'll find it later!

Wow, that's impressive!

The antenna, the amber sidemarkers, and the unpainted sideview mirror support-pillar-thingies gave it away for me .. but then there's also the fact that it seems to have an 03 front end, but an 03.5 back end. But an impressive conversion nonetheless!

Any pics of the interior? That would also be a dead giveaway.
Troof. The badge on the trunk says "Mazda" instead of "Mazdaspeed" and the doors have those guard bumper things on them. Oh, and the sunroof; MSPs didn't come with those...

Hecka nice car, though.

Thanks guys, you have all been helpful. Anyone know what kind of manifold it is? I am sure I will have many more questions down the road. I am from Allentown/Bethlehem in PA and am going to be looking for meets. My buddy also has a 03 orange Mazdaspeed too.

why I am so confused why someone would put this much into a normal Protege?
the MSP is a normal protege with essentially just aftermarket parts bolted on and a few different visual cues. if you're planning on replacing everything or almost everything that made the MSP an MSP in the first place doesn't it actually make more sense to start with a normal protege?

Thanks guys, you have all been helpful. Anyone know what kind of manifold it is? I am sure I will have many more questions down the road. I am from Allentown/Bethlehem in PA and am going to be looking for meets. My buddy also has a 03 orange Mazdaspeed too.

Im not that far from you, But protege_kid is from easton, hardly on here though haha, he has a yellow MSP.

25FConv

Click that, hes the old owner of your car!! :D

Back