stock bpv vs Turboxs Hybrid Bov

turbo 4

I was wondering what you guys think, i have a turboxs bov but i don't know if the car gains more power with it or does it lose power. I was thinking of just putting back the old bpv but im not sure.(nervous)

Attachments

• pictures 2 005.JPG
    pictures 2 005.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 223
ya i do have it at rec. but when i changed out the turbo xs and put back the factory bpv i noticed the car runs alot better.

I had the turbo xs for a while, i took it out to lubricate it and see if that works. I live in cold weather and i know that in that type of weather they can dry out after awhile. Im going to try this and let you guys know how it turns out.

with my turboxs hybrid bov and bpv i actually feel my car hold it boost more then my stock bpv and also make it sound nices as well

Hey guys i just called turbo xs and ask them what i should use to grease up my bov, he told me not to use grease of any kind, all i have to use is wd-40 and put a light coating in the bov and that should be good, I just wanted to let you guys know in case you need to grease your bov's.

well your never gonna gain any power with a bov but you will hold boost better.

Hold boost better=more psi
more psi=more power
Just my opinion

I saw an avg of 1 psi gain when i switched my bpv from stock.

hey guys i lubricated the bov and happy to say its runing like new, if anyone has the problem of it sticking follow this advice, it worked for me(yippy)

yea i have a turboxs hybrid bov in my speed6. first let me say that you cant just have it in just recirculate mode... its a hybrid which means that it does both vta and recirculate under different types of power.

next i live in new york and its frickin cold here now. i was having the same kinda problems with my bov. after a while my bov would start to hold less and less boost. finally i realized that the piston in the valve was bone dry and had noticed that when i bought it that it was lubed up. so i also called turboxs and asked them what the deal was and if i should use anything like a lube or grease on it. first off let me tell you the guy i talked to was a moron and said dont use anything. i was like my piston was all scuffed up wtf? so finally i took it upon myself to use some kind of lube (not grease) and it brought my boost back to life! now every month i keep it well lubed and everything is great.

finally let me say the stock bpv sucked. i had added my boost gauge before adding my bov and noticed in first and second gear i was holding boost at 8lbs..now i hold around 14lbs in first and second. let me tell you it was a huge difference

here are the pics.

Attachments

• bov pictures 002.JPG
    bov pictures 002.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 223
  • bov pictures 005.JPG
    bov pictures 005.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 220
  • bov pictures 003.JPG
    bov pictures 003.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 211
  • bov pictures 004.JPG
    bov pictures 004.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 204
  • bov pictures 006.JPG
    bov pictures 006.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 221
Ya now that the bov is lubed up it even sounds alot louder and nicer. I was going to use wd-40 but i think pb blaster is alot better because it last longer. I will keep doing this every month know just like smokey.(drinks)

i am using 5 not much of a difference...just make sure its well lubed. and you will notice when its time to do it again cause the sound starts to fade away lol. its not so bad in the summer time tho surprisingly..i got my bov last year around june and started having problems when it started to get colder. i am very happy with the way it sounds tho. a nice crisp sound when driving. and it gets louder with a cold air intake if you decide to get one.

i have a hks short ram intake, i would like to get a cold air im just worried about sucking up water, how do you prevent from sucking up water from your intake?

One of my friends had a civic with a cold air and just to make a long story short, he doesn't have any more the motor went boom.(flame2)

ok that didnt work lol.. its on ********* website...its a injen water repellent prefilter

Last edited by a moderator:
yea well you really need to get a lot of water for something like that to happen. i havent had any problems with it in the rain with this cover on it..i think it works well as long as i dont try and drive through a pond lol

Latest posts

Back