nu finish car polish

I prefer to use Meguires NXT wax, although it needs to be applied often. No matter which wax you use, be sure to clay bar the car before you toss some wax on it.

CTGrey02 said:
I prefer to use Meguires NXT wax, although it needs to be applied often. No matter which wax you use, be sure to clay bar the car before you toss some wax on it.

I've used NXT before, and I like it. How often do you apply it?

I would not use the Nu-finish.

Not on a Nu car anyway!

I have used it before along with countless other products, I would say that it works good if you have a neglected finish that is somewhat oxidised. But you would still want to wax after nufinsh, as it is more of a cleaner.

I would prefer to see you use Meguairs, Zymol, or there are several others that I can not remember right now....(screwy) ...Help him out here guys!

You can clay if you want, but that really depends on the surface, and how neglegted/contaminated it is.

An improper / bad clay job can ruin your finish worse than just waxing over it.

I usually try something like the brands mentioned, and try without clay. If you are unhappy, then try some clay.

If I am not happy with wax, then I try a cleaner then wax, if not happy then I will use a clay bar, then wax, if I am still not happy, then I will use some polish compound, then wax.

Keep Zooming

at the moment i was my car with car wash that has wax, its very minor but u can tel it addes wax. the water beads off when i rinse and the car stay clean for a bit longer than normal

Liquid Glass wax is the best. The only thing is make sure you dont wax the knob. IT STINGS......

Liquid glass is not a wax and the best is relative to what you like to use and are happy with. Not everyone is a detail nut so they just want something easy to use that makes the paint shine. Nu car finish should fill that bill and lightly clean his paint from fallout or other contaminents.

If it were my car, I'd hit up with a pre-cleaner, seal it, and then put a coat or two of carnuba wax on it. But I'm a detail nut.

I've used NU finish for years. I like it a lot.

It beads up the water really nicely, and, like has been said, it is a great cleaner wax.

mazdadude said:
You can clay if you want, but that really depends on the surface, and how neglegted/contaminated it is.

An improper / bad clay job can ruin your finish worse than just waxing over it.

I usually try something like the brands mentioned, and try without clay. If you are unhappy, then try some clay.

If I am not happy with wax, then I try a cleaner then wax, if not happy then I will use a clay bar, then wax, if I am still not happy, then I will use some polish compound, then wax.

Keep Zooming

I've never seen an improper claying job. Wash the car, clay it according to the instructions (keeping the surface wet with detailer isn't difficult). Wipe it down again with a microfiber cloth then wax it with what ever you feel comfortable with. The car should feel smooth as glass when your done barring it. If you don't think it'll make a difference. Try this.. Clay a portion of your hood, just half of it. Leave the other half alone and have your wife, gf, "life partner" who -ever, come out and run the back of their hand across both sides of the hood and see if they notice a difference. One's going to feel powdery, the other is gonna feel smooth and ice. And that's before wax. You'll do the whole car after that. Set aside a good couple of hours if your going to do this.

Now to answer who asked how often I apply it? Short answer is as often as I need it. I barely drove my car last year and literally didn't have the time to constantly detail it (it still looks mint however due to lack of use) and I think in 6,000 miles I NXT'd it twice. The silicone based wax just doesn't last as long as the Carnuba stuff they make their gold class out of. What it also doesn't do however is leave black plastic parts white if you happen to rub wax into those accidently, which is why I like it. The black plastic you can clean up again with some baby oil on a Qtip if you happened to get any wax on it though.

CTGrey02 said:
I've never seen an improper claying job.

I have, I was the one that did it. (fight) The claybar somehow picked up some grit and I managed to cover my black hood with mircofine scratches!:eek:

Obviously, this was caused by operator error! (sssh)

I have been too scared to clay since then.(sad2)

yea my car has micro scrathces i duno from what maybe the shimmy i use..im not sure but tis not really noticable...only because i wash it ya know

CTGrey02 said:
I've never seen an improper claying job. Wash the car, clay it according to the instructions (keeping the surface wet with detailer isn't difficult). Wipe it down again with a microfiber cloth then wax it with what ever you feel comfortable with. The car should feel smooth as glass when your done barring it. If you don't think it'll make a difference. Try this.. Clay a portion of your hood, just half of it. Leave the other half alone and have your wife, gf, "life partner" who -ever, come out and run the back of their hand across both sides of the hood and see if they notice a difference. One's going to feel powdery, the other is gonna feel smooth and ice. And that's before wax. You'll do the whole car after that. Set aside a good couple of hours if your going to do this.

Now to answer who asked how often I apply it? Short answer is as often as I need it. I barely drove my car last year and literally didn't have the time to constantly detail it (it still looks mint however due to lack of use) and I think in 6,000 miles I NXT'd it twice. The silicone based wax just doesn't last as long as the Carnuba stuff they make their gold class out of. What it also doesn't do however is leave black plastic parts white if you happen to rub wax into those accidently, which is why I like it. The black plastic you can clean up again with some baby oil on a Qtip if you happened to get any wax on it though.
I think I remember reading on one the of the websites that sell detailing products that synthetic waxes (silicone based) last longer than natural waxes, but I might be wrong (stoned)

Dim said:
I think I remember reading on one the of the websites that sell detailing products that synthetic waxes (silicone based) last longer than natural waxes, but I might be wrong (stoned)

Thats what i read somewhere as well! But I haven't done the research to back it up

Back