Traded in my CX-5 :(

GTEyes

2022 CX5 Signature - Machine Grey
:
NS, Canada
Hi Everyone,

I traded my wonderful 2022 CX5 Signature on a new 2024 Ford Edge ST. Love the Edge but it definitely has some cons, along with a lot of pros! Hoping to get some good pics of it in the coming weeks.

Wanted to give an enormous thank you to all the members who I've spoken to over the years. I have greatly enjoyed the conversations and discussions on my Mazdas. I expect I will be back in the seat of a Mazda in a few years as they get the new CX5 figured out...still hoping they bring something like the CX60 over.

I am attempting to find forums for Edge owners and nothing I am seeing yet is as active as Mazdas247, so here's hoping I find some folks to chat with about the Edge.

Thanks again and see you around the forums as I want to stay up to date on anything Mazda.

Attachments

• IMG_9583.jpg
    IMG_9583.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9584.jpg
    IMG_9584.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 26
Nice, one of my coworkers drives an Edge as well, though I don't think its an ST. So far no issues with his. I look forward to hearing how it compares to your old CX-5.

You may have to resort to FB groups, Reddit, or maybe even Discord to find discussion groups for the Edge ST. I'm sure they're out there. Those platforms just aren't as "search-friendly" as forums, IMO.

Pros
- Engine. Sounds great. Loads of power and torque. Loves to rev. Recent 400km drive up to Cape Breton had my avg fuel economy at 9L/100kms. Has some turbo lag
- Seats. Really comfortable with a nice alcantara insert.
- Pano roof is nice.
- little larger than my cx5. Loads of room and back seat is really roomy.
-Stereo seems pretty good (B&O system)
- VERY quiet ride on highway.
- wicked hwy vehicle
- Really solid feeling vehicle. Feels way more substantial than my cx5 felt.
- Safety systems work great (lane keep and assist)
- I think it’s a nice looking rig!
- Nice ambient lighting at night
- Mirror puddle lights when you unlock at night
- Good working transmission
- longer service intervals

Cons
- Very odd cost cutting. No glove box light, no more hood insulation, no more acoustic side windows, no auto windows in rear (same as our f150 Lariat), removal of rubber inserts in storage areas in recent years, they removed one of the horns, removed back camera washer, removed ford performance engine cover
- Sunroof is not one touch close (you have to hold the button to close)
- The worst gauges in any car I’ve driven (antiquated and poorly designed ( LED hot spots, uneven brightness between screens and Speedo), useless right screen
- some build quality issues (hood needed to be adjusted and the tail light install at factory scratched off some paint)
- Headlights aren’t quite as good as CX5’s (close)
- I miss the 360 camera system for parking and saving my rims from being curbed
- Front camera isn’t integrated well. You have to hit a camera button to turn it on as it doesn’t come up with rear camera and can’t be used at the same time as rear camera
- Most of the cons were features they put on/fixed on the Lincoln version.
- ventilated seats don’t work as well as Mazda’s brilliant vacuum design
- No brake Auto hold
- No heads up display
- No power folding mirrors
- Not very active forums.

I will add more as I put more miles on it. Up to 2,000 kms already.

Attachments

• IMG_9637.jpeg
    IMG_9637.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back