AC help needed with 2008 Mazda CX-9

I am trying to change the expansion valve on my 2008 Mazda CX-9 can anybody tell me where that's located because I cannot find a video anywhere of how to replace it thanks in advance

It is very rare for a thermo expansion valve to fail. Are you sure this is the problem? (Just speculating, but I'd expect to find it under the dash near the evaporator. Follow the liquid line until you see it.)

It is very rare for a thermo expansion valve to fail. Are you sure this is the problem? (Just speculating, but I'd expect to find it under the dash near the evaporator. Follow the liquid line until you see it.)

No I don't suspect it having failed but an ac mechanic said my compressor was bad and it was I bought a new one but he said I should change the expansion valve at the same time so I bought it too I was just wondering where it was located. I don't think I will change it unless I need too.

Allot of times the expansion valve comes with the low pressure line. I wouldn't really worry bout the valve but since you are changing the compressor, the guy should of told you to change the receiver dryer which is usually with the condenser.
I don't know if this stuff is the same on a 2008...should be.
But the expansion valve should be on the engine side of the firewall where the low pressure line connects to it. The other side of the firewall is the evaporator.

AC guy here - replace the filter drier which is the condenser outlet side... smallest diameter tubing (liquid line) goes from there to the Expansion Block...then from that area the largest diameter pipe (suction line)... make sure to oil the O rings with refrigerant oil and make sure you add the proper oil to the compressor.

Latest posts

Back